Introduction

Longtime Sufferer, but newly diagnosed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introduction

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 09 Oct 2014, 14:39

Hello! For years, I thought I was suffering with hemorrhoids, of which I have two small ones that I got over 24 years ago with the birth of my son. This past year, has been terrifically difficult and stressful. I went to my GP, and he said, "Oh, you have a sore," but made no mention of an AF. (This is the same one who refused to give me a shingles shot -and lo and behold, 8 months later, I got it. Let's just say, I've dumped him). After months of stress, and after a change in insurance, I made an appointment to see a colorectal surgeon at USC last week. This was the first time I have ever heard that I have an AF.

I've started on 2% dialtezem ointment, which I truly dislike, and it actually feels raw and burning.
I also have emuaid, same thing --I don't see that it heals.
What has helped is taking Citrucel 2x a day (evening and morning), however, after the BM, I feel raw. I've also cut out a lot of carbs, which makes me feel a lot better.
I'm awaiting a kit that I just ordered from Optimal Health Network, that comes with a variety of things.

Anyway, I'm just starting on a road to health, but it's hard to see far ahead, when the only relief I sometimes have it sitting on an icepack.
Any advice, is greatly appreciated.
Deleted User 3869

Re: Introduction

Postby jlm1 » 10 Oct 2014, 12:57

Hi Daisy!
Sorry that you are suffering. Everyone here gets it and this is a great site for information and support. I responded to your other post so I won't repeat myself here. I too have had hemmies my whole life actually. I at first thought it was my hemmies giving me trouble. Good that you got to a CRS. Fissure pain is hell....it was for me. Baths helped a lot but make sure your tub is clean and/or get a sitz bath. I also got relied from hot water bottles. Keep your stools really soft and breath when having a bm. Hang in there! It will get better :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: Introduction

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2014, 13:14

Hi daisy... And welcome to the board. I too have suffered with hemmies for a long long time. Unfortunatly the operation to rid me of them has left me with a chronic un healing fissure.
Read up all you can on the forum... It has been a god send for me, so much more info on here than any dr ever tells you.

:wel:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !