fistulas

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fistulas

Postby val » 22 Dec 2007, 04:26

Are fistulas supposed to bleed for no reason? Mine seems to hurt in a slightly different place today and started to bleed a lot. I really hate blood and I'm totally freaked out! Or is it quite normal for it to happen?
Thanks!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: fistulas

Postby happyass » 22 Dec 2007, 07:15

good question.
i suppose anything can bleed.
i would think that a hemmy, skin tag, or fissure has more probability to cause bleeding rather than a fistula, which should ooze a different kind of substance.
but an opening is an opening and there would be blood regardless down there in my opinion.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 12:27

Gosh, Val, I don't know. Can you tell where the blood is coming from? I wonder if the pain is coming from something else since you noticed it was in a different spot.

I have internal hemorrhoids that bleed from time to time when I go to the bathroom. Is this bleeding just after you go or on its own?

But I think Gareth is right, that area is so easily traumatized due to the vasculature that any kind of opening can bleed and it can look like a lot.

How is your pain?

Postby val » 22 Dec 2007, 12:33

I've been getting really bad spasms again and it feels kinda swelled up, even though its not,and very sore.
The blood was when I went for a pee, it just started bleeding lots and I freaked out! I'm a real wuss when it comes to blood!!
You're probably right that it looks more than what it is. I got used to the fissure bleeding loads every day, but this fistula thing frightens the life out of me, for some reason.
val
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 23 Dec 2007, 15:05

It's really unpleasant to think that there is an infection in the area. That's why the fistula abscess thing scares me.
I bet what happened is that the fistula thing sealed over a bit and when you released the muscle to pee (since the muscles are related) the seal came loose and stuff bled out. I hade blood come out of no where with this mini-fist I've got. I will just get my new CRS through my new insurance to look at it in Jan.
Try not to worry too much. these things will take their course. I though of mine like a giant pimple in my butt. for some reason, that calmed me down some.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 23 Dec 2007, 17:13

How are you, Chris, I've been wondering if you was ok?
Do you think these things are ok to leave for long then?
Does it scare you that it might make tracks the longer you leave it?
Is yours really painful?
val
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Dec 2007, 18:36

Sorry girls that I can not give any advice, but maybe it is good that they bleed from time to time. If it is like other wounds and infections- blood should cleanse the thing inside out . Just a guess though... I think it is better that the thing is open and not sealed like any other infection sight. That way it gets rid of the "stuff" .
Hope you both would find competent doctors soon !!!!
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 23 Dec 2007, 19:26

My past two docs descripted this fistula as the same way "giant pimple in my butt...boil" that inflames up and goes away. Pain is deep. Mine hasnt bleed but keep the faith.
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2007, 19:58

How long does it take for this to go away I wonder?

Why are @ss ailments so slow to heal?

Postby happyass » 23 Dec 2007, 22:20

fistulas never go away.
you have to have surgery to get rid of them.
that is why i believe that i was misdiagnosed with a fistula because the doc never mentioned after the colonoscopy but also cancelled the fistulotomy a month prior the colonoscopy and about a month after i had started macrobiotics.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion