11 days after Lateral internal sphincterotomy

burning feeling open wounds

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

11 days after Lateral internal sphincterotomy

Postby royalpain » 23 Oct 2014, 12:55

Hi everyone im am 23 years old female , and i suffer from chronic anal fissures i had to get. Surgery Lateral internal sphincterotomy and its been 11 days after .IT burns after bowl movements still but its alot easier to go now its nothing like befor but it still hurts the doctor said that it was normal. , i also had the skin tags removed but today when i applied the spray down their it looked like i had open cuts all around my anus im worried i just want everything to be normal again. I want everything to heal fine and i dont want skin tags to form again is this normal will those open cuts around my anus heal normal and go away i have my check up next week . i have lost so much weight all i eat is fiber fruits salad ect .. I feel depressed like not a normal person for my age and now i jgot my period today and that makes everything worse . is it ok to wear a maxi night time pad you know to cover both areas ???
royalpain

Topics: 1

Re: 11 days after Lateral internal sphincterotomy

Postby royalpain » 23 Oct 2014, 13:20

Also i have been taking cold sitz baths thats what my doctor told me to do , but i did a warm one today since i have my period and that will help with cramps whats better warm or cold water ??
royalpain

Topics: 1

Re: 11 days after Lateral internal sphincterotomy

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Oct 2014, 16:13

Hi Royalpain,
It's early days after your operation - give it time, it should heal. It can take a long time for skin tag removal to heal. They are caused by the fissure, so if the fissure heals, the skin tags should heal over fine and not come back.
I personally would recommend gentle warmth rather than cold for a sitz bath, but I never had LIS, so let's see if anyone else tells you different.
Good luck and take care!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16