Botox, spasming And removal of anal polyp

Help please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox, spasming And removal of anal polyp

Postby Molli1989 » 16 Nov 2014, 05:00

Hey! A bit about my condition
Had first fissure in 2012 which healed after using schriproct this did take about 6 months
Fissure reappeared in Oct 2013 unable to sleep due to pain, spasms etci then went through all over the counter treatments and ended up taking 2 courses of rectogesic which in the end didnt give much relief.

I was referred to a colorectal surgeon for treatment of the fissure in October 2014. My gp also believes that I suffer from ibs or another bowel disorder due to stomach discomfort after visiting the toilet as well as loose stool and bloating. The surgeon suggested to have botox and that he would also do an investigation at the same time and would remove any piles etc at the same time. I had the procedure yesterday under general anaesthetic and I discovered on the discharge note that a poylp had been removed this was not communicated to me by the nurses or consultant afrerwards. Once I had finally got round to going through the paper work once I was home I called the ward to query this as my follow up appointment was not going to be for another 6 weeks. The lady explained that normally pokyps aee sent yo the lab for testing which really scared me after what I had read online and that I would fet the results in a week. Has this ever happened to anyone what was the outcome?
It was my first time in hospital so was a little daunting but I was looked after by the staff.

What have been your experiences of botox?
I am quite sore down below and have not opened my bowels yet. I have been given fibregel for a month. I also keep getting anal spasms (keeps tensing involuntary) which is quite disconcerting. Is this meant to happen? Will it settle down?

Thanks for your help in advance
X
Molli1989
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Botox, spasming And removal of anal polyp

Postby soey » 24 Nov 2014, 04:37

Hi! So sorry to hear about your suffering!
I too got Scheriproct for a long time, because my GP told me I had hemmies, not fissures.. And scheriproct CAN make the skin thinner. So be very careful using this long term. This cream will only make things worse, it will NOT help heal the fissure, only help reduce the pain for a short while. I had botox and no complications. My bum was just alittle numb for a few days after. The spasming is absolutely terrible, and the only advice I can give you is hot baths! This will help relax the muscles! The botox should kick in after a few days, and after a month you should start feeling better if it works! :)
Sound like you had a hard time in the hospital, and i truly feel for you. My fissure, and my trips to the hospital is the reason why i FEAR hospitals to this day.

I wish you good luck and hope you get better soon <3
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Postby Molli1989 » 24 Nov 2014, 19:12

Thank you for your reply. The pain improved a great deal as the days went on. My first bm was not very nicr, cold swats and very shaky. I still feel spasming for a while after bms and still get the pain afterwards but I know that it should calm down as the weeks go on.
Molli1989
Fibre Addict

Postby Molli1989 » 24 Nov 2014, 19:16

Anyone had any experience of the removal of a polyp. Mine was at the anal opening which is now probably contributing to the pain. Since ive had it done I have been able to see a yellow piece of skin that also goes under the wound (sounds gross), im guessing this is where the polyp was cut off.
Has anyone else had this?

It doesn't look like an infection as it isnt swollen nor weepy. I have been applying germolene twice a day as well as washing after bm
Thanks in advance
Molli1989
Fibre Addict