Getting better, But 2 hard stools and Blood

Getting better, but Bloody stool

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Getting better, But 2 hard stools and Blood

Postby danelee » 20 Dec 2014, 12:35

Hi guys I finally decided to join and get some advice, I had a Anal fissure about a year ago but it healed rather quickly, .

About 6 weeks ago, I had a very hard stool that I forced out and felt something was wrong( I work out a lot and My main diet for years was Low carb, high protein with 5 cups of coffee a day.. Before I had the fissure I could tell that I would strain ALOT,

So I go to doctor and he prescribes me Hydrocortisone 2.5 and a anti fungal ( Clotrizamole),And I take sitz bath which for me have been very helpful, its been a slow process where in beginning it was rough, but as weeks went by after a BM, I would soak in sitz bath and feel better, and then spasms, would get less and less, Felt like road to recovery, Of course I started back to me old ways and had a hard stool and some pain, what I would do is basically eat nothing for the whole day and then the next day load up on food/Fiber, and it would create hard stools..I was hoping not eating for a day would give my fissure a break,, So yesterday I did not eat anything and then the next day I loaded up on garbanzo beans, like 2 bowls and a lot of hummus, along with fiber bread, not drinking much water, so I have a VERY HARD ROUGH STOOL AND THERE WAS more blood then I have seen since I started 6 weeks ago, freaked me out( since I HAVE NOT seen blood in 4 weeks)

So I immediately did a sitz bath and took a Advil, so the pain is not bad, just some stinging, ..So it seems like when I don't eat for a day and then next day load up on fiber, I get very hard large stools, , I guess my question is is this bloody stool going to affect me?? or did I get a new Fissure cause I don't feel the Pinch from the fissure anymore like I used to
danelee

Topics: 2

Re: Getting better, But 2 hard stools and Blood

Postby suko » 24 Dec 2014, 10:13

I've gone 60 hours (2 and half days) without eating (twice, in fact) - just drinking water, which resulted in me not having a bowel movement for 3-4 days. However, both times I did that, I had a hard-as-a-brick stool with unbelievable straining! The most straining I think I've had in my entire life! So even if u don't eat, I think your body still makes stool (so it is better to just try to have a bowel movement at least once a day if possible). And obviously, the longer stool stays in the colon, the harder it's going to get.
Also, drinking a lot of water is essential since if u don't, your stool will dry up and get hard.

Anyway, since u had a lot of blood from your last bowel movement, I think u may have a new fissure. Honestly, I would recommend trying to have a bowel movement at least once a day (or as infrequent as possible so long as u can consistently have soft stools) and try to drink an adequate amount of water and maintain a decently high-fiber diet until the fissure is completely healed/or no blood or pain or burning for maybe at least 2 months or so.

Hope u get better! :)
suko
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Getting better, But 2 hard stools and Blood

Postby danelee » 27 Dec 2014, 15:48

Thanks for the Input, When I first got it, I felt like I did everything wrong, from eating as much as I want and then taking a laxative to not eating for 2 days and then third day Loading up on large amount of fiber, Now I stick to fiber everyday and stool softener
danelee

Topics: 2