A post for other moms

Is your fissure holding back your life/plans?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: A post for other moms

Postby Newmommy28 » 27 Jan 2015, 23:17

Cheryl- I'm so sorry you can't do LIS. You are the first person Ive heard of whose doctors said it wasn't a good idea. How bad is your fissure? Are you going to try the botox? I had it done but it didn't help me. My doctor only did 50 units and j guess you really need more than that to get the job done. It has worked for many other's - hoping the same for you!

Jbl- We are in the same boat! Trying to decide about more kids. I'm so sorry you're still going through all this. I seem to recall you having a pretty good recovery period - is it possible the doctor was too conservative? My fissure full-blown re-tore yesterday, blood and all. That hasn't happened in a very long time. I'm really losing my faith that it will ever heal completely before a 2nd pregnancy, and there is no way I could go through a pregnancy the way I'm feeling now. Pain is pretty bad.

I am meeting with a new OB, my colorectal guy, and a midwife next month to get more info, and I will keep everyone updated.
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Jbl22424 » 28 Jan 2015, 01:26

I do think mine was too conservative but I think it's probably a tough call and somewhat subjective. I'm not in much pain and could probably be pregnant like this as long as I stayed on miralax but it would also be nice to nip this in the bud. I keep tearing and then it reheals in one to four days or so. I think the LIS allows me to reheal quickly but it would be nice if I stopped re-tearing. So for me it's still just wait and see. Life is otherwise normal so I can't complain too much.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Ulrika » 02 Feb 2015, 00:47

just want to add that we are trying to make the same decision about another baby. I thought I was ok for 4 months but then it came back ...but am healed again now (or anyway no pain). it's been so long since I had a baby I can barely remember how hard it is esp the delivery.

good luck to everyone!
Ulrika
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Cheryl888 » 02 Feb 2015, 05:46

Well the other problem with me & LIS is that I have chronic diarrhea - so I guess that makes the risks even higher for incontinence unfortunately. I meet with her next Monday to talk botox, so I guess I will see how it goes!
Cheryl888
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Jbl22424 » 11 Feb 2015, 00:46

Cheryl, my CRS said the incontinence risk would only be if you had a baby after LIS and tore down to your anus, which was already weakened from the LIS. She said there was no incontinence risk for you already had babies. How does your CRS explain her opinion on that? The anatomy of it doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Cheryl888 » 11 Feb 2015, 06:30

Quite honestly I didn't question her. I just assumed that the 'trauma' I've had down there before with giving birth to 4 children and being cut with each of them had weakened the area...and that if she had to cut for the LIS it could be problematic. Especially since I have chronic diarrhea (with urgency).
Cheryl888
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Hope21 » 08 Jan 2019, 17:14

Hi NewMommy,

I'm in a similar boat as you and I'm wondering if you ended up having LIS and then delivering a baby? I hope you are doing great now!
Hope21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion