At the end of my rope

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

At the end of my rope

Postby hurtinend » 23 Jan 2015, 10:48

gosh folks i am tired, exhausted, frustrated beyond words.

I have battled this thing on and off going on 6 years. The last year or so has been very very good, to the point where I didint think about the fissure and just lived my life - although I always maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet, exercise and supplements.

2 weeks ago I felt ill, woke up in the night with upset stomach - no diarrhea though. Next morning had a dry unfulfilling semi-poop, 2 hours later I felt it - you know what I mean, that horrid mix of burning and spasm. Rear end so sore I couldnt touch it. SO ive been soaking and sitz bathing and coconut oil, and cooked broccoli, oil, water - blah blah. Its progressed from 2 weeks ago, no I have an intense sore lump on the outside. Just moving is painful but I carry on anyways.

Turns out my doctor retired, so I have a new one - made an appointment - not good - he knows nothing about fissures, took a quick peek and said it looks kinda sore down there - prescribed Nitro cream and I was out the door.

4 years ago at my worst, I saw a CRS - he said I had a very very tight ass, but no fissure was visible. He gave me a diet and lifestyle plan - good fibre, no wiping, no creams of any kind, take sitz bats, no spicy food, no alcohol.

Ive had it with doctors, I know 2 people who had LIS - both felt good for a while, then it came back.

so whats next? A bag on my side?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: At the end of my rope

Postby msimon » 23 Jan 2015, 16:42

Don't lose hope. Keep looking until you find a good one. They are out there. Does the nitro help at all?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hurtinend » 24 Jan 2015, 11:15

i did fill the prescription for nitro but I have not taken it yet. Trying to kill this thing more naturally. My regimen is, oatmeal and flax in the morning, fresh fruit during the day and home made vegie and bean soup with whole wheat bread for dinner. And lots of water and a half glass of prune juice.

sitz baths 3 times a day in baking soda and epsom salt, cold packs and heating pad.

This is starting to help me, but it is so disruptive to life, makes working very difficult. I know we can all can relate to this.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby jlm1 » 24 Jan 2015, 14:49

Sorry you are going through this and I do relate. I believe and like to take the natural approach too. However, I would use the nitro and see of it helps you. Maybe that combined with your diet, etc will help. Also, have you looked into/tried botox yet? I know it doesn't help everyone but it's worth a try. I had botox in July for a large fissure. It did help it to heal. I unfortunately also got a fistula so I'm still in pain but not from the fissure.
Good luck and keep us posted! And hang in there!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Scientist2516 » 24 Jan 2015, 19:16

I agree with jlm1 that trying the nitro is a really good idea. It's not going to hurt you, and it will go along very well with all the natural things you are doing. Sometimes your body needs an extra helping hand. The nitro is most definitely far less invasive, with no long term consequences compared with any surgery.
You need to relax that anal sphincter, and nitro will help with that.
Do you use a heat pad or hot water bottle? Gentle heat is also an excellent muscle relaxant. I used one for hours a day when my fissure was bad, and I still go to bed with a hot water bottle tucked under my nitro-annointed bottom! I feel miles better, without surgery.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby hurtinend » 25 Jan 2015, 12:20

thank you - and thank you for this board of support and help.

I will start the nitro today and continue my natural approach as well.

Will need a crs refererence to look into botox, I have not started the ball rolling on that since I left the doctors office so disappointed. He didnt even want to look at my rear end but I insisted - pathetic.

I do use a heating pad and yes I have found relief using it, I also alternate with cold packs and it takes the swelling down.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 25 Jan 2015, 12:38

My ass was not thight but very soar. Glad i am done for now and waiting for the next step.
Deleted User 4015