Surprise 6 months post op

6 months post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surprise 6 months post op

Postby sb2 » 03 Feb 2015, 20:55

Got an unexpected and unwanted surprise at the 6 month post op point. After several months of steady improvement, began feeling an unusual pain at odd times. Not during bm or even shortly after. Then, out of nowhere I had this sharp pain at what I thought was my healed fissure site...while urinating. Seems to happen every few days but again, no pain during bm, but a aharp pain while urinating and the fissure site is uncomfortable for a few hours. Not really pain, but discomfort.

Anyone experienced this or heard of anyone who has?
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Surprise 6 months post op

Postby Jbl22424 » 04 Feb 2015, 00:59

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've not experienced this. It might help to include your gender.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: Surprise 6 months post op

Postby zippitydoodah » 06 Feb 2015, 09:28

It may sound weird, but I have actually sat on the toilet sometimes to urinate and noticed that the way I sat caused too much stretching/pressure on my bum and actually caused pain at the fissure site. Last time I had a small retear it was because I sat down funny on a public toilet that I wasn't familiar with... it hurt like heck and then the next morning I had blood with my BM (after being blood free for several weeks). So maybe that's something to do with it?

I've also read about people on here with pelvic floor dysfunction and other similar problems that could connect the two. Might be something to investigate.
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6