How long have you been in pain for?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long have you been in pain for?

Postby vanessa100 » 27 Mar 2015, 13:42

I have had an anal fissure on and off for years. It always came for about a week and i used to use anusol suppositories and then it would go until the next time.
Well since January I have had pain every day, some days worse than others but it is always there especially when I have a BM. Is this normal? I went to the dr and had it confirmed that it is an AF. I was given glyceryl trinitrotoluene ointment to use which hasn't solved it.
Do you have pain every day for months on end? Or does it go for a few weeks and come back?
Also I used to get blood before but this time there is no blood only pain, like a sharp knife like pain.
I have bought some stool softeners to try. So sick of this!
vanessa100
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: How long have you been in pain for?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 27 Mar 2015, 17:08

There's not been a day in 2 years when I've been in completely pain free. Some days it's tolerable some days it's pure agony. I fully agree Vanessa, I am also so very sick of this.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Savaici » 27 Mar 2015, 20:57

I had over two years of near constant pain, where I did not want to eat, spent most of my day on the sofa, when I was not in bed. Now I still have difficulties, but I can at least get around and have put on the weight I lost. I still watch everything I eat like a picky child, never overeat, etc.

I tried everything except surgery. I have had three surgeries in that area and doctors do not want to keep doing surgery again on me... Just looking at all methods you've tried, Fissurefrustration, been there, done that. I did do anal dilation, but have no idea if that was what helped in the end to ease the pain.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby hurtinend » 27 Mar 2015, 23:00

Same here, pain on and off for years. Lately it's been worse, constant dull irritation since December. Tried every potion and herb and cream and oil and diet and......never considered surgery but since I gave up on the doctors help I would have to start over with appointments etc.

I am convinced there is a dramatic change in the anal canal once an injury occurs, and it is unlikely to ever fully recover. From 7 years ago when I first got fissured I've never been right down there.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby owmybum » 28 Mar 2015, 08:45

I have been in daily pain or discomfort since my hem banding in February 2011. Things have got progressively worse with every surgery I have had to try and cure the fissure.
I am now fissure free, but in worse pain than ever from nerve damage from the fissures/ surgery.
Ugh.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hurtinend » 28 Mar 2015, 10:26

Hi owmybum

So sorry for you and all of us here.

I am curious how do they diagnose neuropathy?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Luka » 28 Mar 2015, 15:15

I have had mine for over two years now (since Christmas 2012). The pain is on and off, though. Right now I'm in the middle of a pretty bad flare-up due to getting very sick at the end of February/beginning of March with a cold and flu. It caused me to get constipated (no idea how, but it did) and the pain came back pretty badly. My flare-ups come and go and I'm frankly getting very tired of it, so I'm strongly considering LIS surgery this year for it after being on Diltiazem ointment for two years with very little change. I'm just a tight-ass. : ( Once I get some health insurance, I will be getting a second and maybe even a third opinion since I'm not completely comfortable with my current surgeon (and it's always best to get a second opinion, anyway). This is a very frustrating problem and I fully sympathize with everyone on this forum. Nobody can understand it unless they've been through it. I'm also VERY tired of all the mental anguish this has caused. My panic attacks and anxiety have increased substantionally because of this, as well as my depression. It's a battle that I just want to be over.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby owmybum » 29 Mar 2015, 16:49

Hurtinend....they diagnose neuropathy when everything has healed yet there is still pain. Sometimes the nerves get stuck in a pattern of sending pain signals when there has been pain in a certain area for so long, or nerves are simply damaged from fissuring or surgery etc.
It is a bit of a bleak diagnosis as there is no quick fix...... If there is even a fix at all.

OMB
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !