Guide to coping with anal discomfort

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Guide to coping with anal discomfort

Postby lightfoot44 » 29 Oct 2015, 13:25

I've been dealing with an anal fissure since 1995. Just recently it flared up and I did have bleeding, burning and stinging after a bowel movement etc. I've found a few things that are helpful for me. I try to avoid sitting in one place for more than 30 minutes at a time, and try to go walking for exercise each day if possible. When I'm sitting to watch TV i always sit on a pillow. Having green pea soup keeps the bowels soft and is better than laxatives. To avoid the stinging and burning after going to the bathroom, I place a bit of vaseline on toilet paper and dab it on the rectum. So far so good. The bleeding stopped and at least I'm relatively pain free. It seems like my AF flares up from time to time, and I have to deal with it or it gets out of control. I'm interested in exploring any herbal remedies that might help. Just joined the forum...and glad to know I'm not alone.
lightfoot44

Dealing with itch and Anal fissure

Postby Victoriagirl » 17 Sep 2016, 07:18

Hi....I'm new here and have been dealing with an anal fissure since July. I'm currently using Nitro G for my fissure since Sept 13th. My main issue is the itch....you are suppose to use heat for the fissure but cold helps the itch...suggestions? I have tried lidocaine to some success, gold bond powder, hyrdocortisone crea.....
Victoriagirl