Relapse :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Relapse :(

Postby Mommaof1 » 21 Apr 2015, 11:28

Im so angry at myself for letting myself get like this again. I was cured after my lis last June. I recently had a baby (3 weeks ago) and even got started on clearlax before she came because it was the birth of my first child that triggered my anal fissure in the first place.but I didn't keep up with it and as a result became extremely constipated. Just passed a massive stool and retore again. There was so much blood. Nowl back to square one. So disappointed in myself :-(
I'd like to add that I'm so glad just for me this and then I have people that I can talk to that understand what I'm going through.
Mommaof1
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Relapse :(

Postby msimon » 21 Apr 2015, 19:13

I'm so sorry this has happened to you Mommaof1. Yes we do understand and know how you feel upset with yourself. Please don't be too hard on yourself though. With the new baby and all I'm sure getting another fissure wasn't top of mind. Not to mention that often after being cured by surgery it's easy to think you are not so vulnerable anymore. The good news though is that since you have had the LIS, you should be able to heal this thing. It should work for you again. How long did it take you to heal after LIS? Are you having spasms now?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64