Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Packing the wound post-op

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Postby msimon » 17 Sep 2015, 20:07

Protein is a tough one. Everyone is different. What do you get in your diet?

Up here in Canada I used an ointment called Polysporin. In the US I think you have one called Neosporin:

http://www.neosporin.com/products/wound ... c-ointment

There is probably a Walmart generic too.

I know what you mean by it being difficult to keep clean. I used a peri bottle (from after having a baby) to squirt directly on the wound or the shower head. It can be painful but necessary to some extent in order to clean. Keep in mind this area of the body is designed to fight infection and now that your wound is open it really should not get infected again. There is no longer a place for the bacteria to hide and multiply.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 17 Sep 2015, 20:38

Thanks , In the morning I eat 1/4 bowl of cereal mixed with little apple juice or water and some boiled veg with olive oil , at lunch veg with fruit and yogurt (activia) sometimes one egg , at super lot of fruit and juice apple sauce and some dray prune .
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 17 Sep 2015, 21:58

That does not sound like you eat much protein. Are you a vegetarian?
msimon

Postby salamon555 » 17 Sep 2015, 22:26

not really I am not a vegetarian,I just am afraid to put too much of anything in my body as I dread it coming out!I love fish,my family are fishermen,and I love milk.I am just going slow on food consumption,as I don't know how they will come out.Fish and chicken are good proteins-correct?How much of an 'outcome' should I expect.Thank you so much for all of your help,it gives me great comfort.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 18 Sep 2015, 04:03

My belief is that protein does not add much amount to your BM but in too large of an amount it can be constipating. Think about the Atkins diet....lots of protein and some veggies. I remember when we switched our dog over to an all meat diet her BMs got so small! Chicken and fish are great, so are eggs, and I would think these are less constipating than milk products. I know exactly where you are in that everything that goes in had to come out BUT if you don't have a healthy diet you are limiting your ability to heal. Just go slow and observe how your body reacts.

Glad to be of help.
msimon

Postby Canadabum » 18 Sep 2015, 06:04

Salamon...just wanted you to know that during my serious pain days I would eat fish and quinoa as my protein source. I made sure only to eat fatty fish and I would put a lot of olive oil on it for more internal lubrication. Try a very small amount and build from there.
All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 18 Sep 2015, 19:48

thank you guys.i have been eating tilapia and i will try some quinoa. today I was constipated and bleed a little bit and I dont know why . I thought the sphincterotomy will help me ,i am still in pain and have been taking ibuprophen for it.i dont really want to take the hydrocodone unless i really get bad .thank you all for your help-i would be lost without it.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 19 Sep 2015, 02:52

It will be normal for you to bleed for a while as your CRS has made a deep wound so that it heals from the inside out and to cure your infection. The sphincterotomy will help you heal faster but it will still take time. Expect 3 months.
msimon

Postby salamon555 » 19 Sep 2015, 11:08

I don't know if the pain is coming from the fissure or the incision site or from the removed 3 skin tag area or from the fistula wound ,well it doesn't matter maybe from all of my butchered butt anyway 3 months of torture I m still biting the bullet until then ,what I m going to do ?? please don't think I m whining. I just want the pain to go away and I want it now.I know I need to be patient,but as we all know,it is very difficult as it hurts way too much for way too long. , 7 years ago I broke my foot; the healing was like a breeze, within a month,I returned to playing soccer. I only took the pain pill for 3 days.Then again, it is a different pain from the one that I have now.in addition it is costing lots of money,as I have not been working for 4 months.I have PILES-[haha] of bills.Anyway this too shall pass and we will get through it.I always have to remember that what doesn't kill us,makes us stronger.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 20 Sep 2015, 22:15

Salomon - there isn't a soul on these boards that thinks you are whining. Also, there isn't a soul on these boards who hasn't cried themselves to sleep wondering what they did to deserve this...and probably most of us have made some sort of mental deal with somebody/thing to ask for the pain to just STOP already. You are certainly not alone in these feelings.
I did not have surgery...and not to scare you at all as we are all DIFFERENT...but to give you a sense, I went through 7 solid months of excruciating pain and got to a point where I saw little reason to hope for anything different. But that is just what happened...I don't know why or how or exactly what did it...but I started to get better. It will also happen for you....don't measure your progress in days, perhaps not even weeks...over months you will notice a real difference. Are you keeping a diary so that you can track your development and pain levels.
Sending you all my best and best wishes for continued healing,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19