Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Packing the wound post-op

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Postby salamon555 » 23 Sep 2015, 09:28

Hello , I have had LIS , 3 skin tag removal , unfortunatly 11 days po-op 1st surgery I developed a superfistula my CRS cut it open and de-roof it , no antibiotic offered , just to put Gauze with monuka honey the CRS said . today 8 days po-op still experiencing pain and discharge with some blood, and I m wondering about the cut ; like 3 cm long and 1.5 cm deep my problem is the cut merge internally in my anus , is it like that the fistulotomy can be ? or my case is worse ?because whenevr I have a BM the wound get reopen I m wondering how the heck this cut can heal ?? also I find out it is hard to clean after BM's . please anybody have the same experience help me , would be appreciated
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 23 Sep 2015, 11:07

My wound went up into my arse too. I also wondered how on earth I would heal, especially with my anismus and IBS...but I did eventually. I know it seems like forever and it looks like it's not progressing but when that happened to me (and it happened for both surgeries) I discovered that there is healing going on that is not visible to the naked eye. You will be going along thinking nothing is happening, and then it will start to happen more quickly. It is very slow at the start. Just make sure your BMS are always soft and that you're getting really good nutrition and rest. This whole process is a huge lesson in patience and faith. Hang in there. :hugs:

Actually, just a note about slow healing...you actually WANT it to heal slowly. This is how the infection is resolved. It's when things heal too quickly that fistulas form. The wound needs to heal from the bottom up. This will ensure that. Some Doctors have even had their patients pulling their wound open daily to make sure it heals properly. I am so glad my CRS did not tell me to do that. I just had frequent follow ups.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 18 Nov 2015, 20:22

Hi everybody , haven't been updating since Sep. but sometimes I came to check what everybody is doing . long story short after the surgeries went for check up my CRS said everything looks good; fissure healed and fistula need probably an other 3 more weeks hopefully. So I have been dealing with the instruction cleaning ,diet , pain meds ect.... then I developed a fungus it was very itchy so i had to see my doctor who had prescribe for me Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate cream , 1% 0.05% .after 12 days the fungus did clear up , good so far right?? , but lucky me like always surprises this last week I developed a Pilonidal cyst at my lower back under my tailbone very very painful it started as a small pimple then it came out with lot of pus I really don't know what my I spouse to do? and I can't see my CRS until the 24th this month coz he is out of town . I thought I was complaining about all my horror surgeries fails and recoveries but this Pilonidal disease is on the top on all of this horror ,
I have been reading on the net to get any kind of information but not alot is there I m sure this forum is the best . I hope somebody will advice me please please my friends :sadd:
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 19 Nov 2015, 14:36

:smilyhug: So sorry, S!!

I thought I'd give you this link that found that has a lot of info: http://www.pilonidal.org/

And some posts onthe forum too: search.php?keywords=pilonidal+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Hope these might help. Do you have Crohn's? I seem to remember you mentioning that (or not?). Not too many days until you can see your CRS, but any days waiting is no fun when you're in pain :sadd:

Thinking of you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 21 Nov 2015, 18:05

Ugh.... So sorry to hear this Salamon. That must be a very painful cyst.

Keep us up to date on how you are doing.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby msimon » 21 Nov 2015, 18:10

I'm so sorry too Salamon. It's about time you catch a break. How are you doing now?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 21 Nov 2015, 20:42

Savaici , Msimon , OMB, chacha, Canadabum Thank you so very much and thank to all the member in this forum it has been very very helpful to me physically and mentally , Im 80% healed from my fissure skin tag and fistula and I accept that than living with the high pain , this last week I started feeling normal and using the bathroom without pain is a blessing, yes there is a little discomfort but to me is normal coz its going down day by day , I m writing this post and crying coz I love all of you and I cant express my feeling to all of you , very friendly , helpful ,caring informative ,supportive .... the list is very long .
I will be checking sometimes on this forum , and if you need to ask me any question you are welcome
Unfortunately I have to fight this new monster Pilonadal Cyst I really dont know how it hit me but Im finding an other forum to look unto it , even I heard alot of horror stories about it but I will fight again until I ll get my normal life back .please wish me good luck and any advice would be appreciated .
Last edited by salamon555 on 21 Nov 2015, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 21 Nov 2015, 21:46

This forum is truly incredible - I can relate to being assured by my fellow fissure fighters. Salamon - your fighting attitude is great! And the sense of gratitude when the severe pain passes...even for a day...is incredible. Keep up the good work and I hope this new cyst is manageable and does not linger. Glad to hear you are seeing someone next week...keeping all fingers crossed for you.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 21 Nov 2015, 22:17

Oh Thank you Canadabum , Im sorry I forgot to mention your name too on my last update , I m going to fix that lol .you are awesome I hope you too recover fast and easy way , thanks again
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 21 Nov 2015, 23:40

It's great to know that you've won the battle on the fissure and fistula fronts, and I know that you'll find the strength to beat the cyst too! Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19