3 years in and self healed

Healed Anal Fissure

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

3 years in and self healed

Postby west » 22 Aug 2017, 17:48

Don't normally post on these types of things but hope to help with my story. I had a severe fissure that was persistent for 3 years. Tried the doctor recommended treatment - mainly rectiv cream which gave me a severe headache. Didn't have a fiber issue so increasing that didn't do anything. Then recommended botox or surgery. Not something I wanted to do. For a few months, 2 or 3 times a day I would insert my finger with petroleum jelly and massage in a circle and actually rub with pressure on the fissure. This helped but it would still easily tear. Then I bought some 5% lidocaine anal cream on Amazon and applied that and used a small dilator (butt plug). Did that a few times and literally was healed in a few weeks. Would use the cream on an off a bit longer but now don't need. My anus feels very relaxed and supple now. I can only think the lidocaine helped to relax the muscle and allowed it to stretch without ripping? I will say when trying this my fear was that the numbness would just hide the pain and allow even more damage, but that was not the case. A friend if mine tried this solution and has success as well.
All that I can say is that I was resigned to this being an ongoing thing and this simple solution resolved the problem very rapidly. Hope it helps.
west

Topics: 1

Re: 3 years in and self healed

Postby LemonMan » 24 Aug 2017, 01:59

That's awesome! Congratulations. Thanks for posting. I didn't know you could get lidocaine from amazon so this is useful information. Thanks for sharing.
LM
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby patience_and_healing » 25 Aug 2017, 11:44

It must feel great to be healed! I'm thinking of trying dilation as well. How long did you keep the dilator in for during one session?
patience_and_healing
Fissureologist

Topics: 18

Postby west » 30 Aug 2017, 14:16

The cream you can find on Amazon.com is called Recticare.
In terms of dialation I would do for 10-15 mins at a time. Make sure to move around and use plenty of lubrication after using recticare (wait a few minutes for it to work) so it doesn't stick after awhile.
west

Topics: 1