Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl)

Finally healed my wound after 1 year

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl)

Postby tdb » 02 Jan 2022, 12:17

My story is a bit different - I didn’t have a traditional fissure, but I hope this can help some of you. I had a hemorrhoidectomy that never fully healed. The wound became infected and about 7 months later I had a fistulotomy to clean the wound (it’s unclear if I had a fistula but an MRI showed a very small one). Since then I’ve been mostly pain free but the same small area of the wound (about 0.5 cm) refused to heal. It had been over a year since the original surgery.
After trying just about everything I came across a product in the US called Active Skin Repair. The active ingredient is Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl). I was willing to try anything so gave this a try. They make baby and kid version so I figured it was safe. I used the Hydrogel version and applied it about 5 times per day.
After about 3 days I could no longer see any opening of the wound. It’s now been over a week and I continue to see progress. I finally feel confident that I am on a permanent path to healing. I believe this product is what put my healing over the edge, but it was supported by many other things I’ve been doing. Here is a list of what has been helpful and not.
Helpful (for me)
- Hypochlorous Acid, 5x/day (#1 biggest help)
- Nitroglycerine, 2x day (helped the worst pain but only to a point, never fully closed the wound)
- Anal massage, 1 finger, 10 min, 2x day with water based lube (prior to applying medication)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil with 8oz of water and lemon juice (for taste), first thing in the morning to keep stool soft
- 1 dose of Miralax 1x/day after dinner
- Diet: NO gluten, added sugar, dairy, red meat, or alcohol. Limit coffee to 1-2/day if you must (caffeine causes anal contraction/spasm which inhibits healing). Bone broths, lean meats, eggs, and other protein sources that promote tissue repair are good, and of course lots of vegetables for fiber.
- Supplements*: probiotics, digestive enzymes, gut repair/leaky gut blend, magnesium (citrate, glycinate, malate), MSM, L-arginine, L-glutamine, bone broth powder and/or collagen, wheatgrass powder
*Hard to tell how helpful these were, but may have supported healing and didn’t seem to hurt. I definitely recommend the probiotics. I used Ancient Nutrition Gut Restore.
Not Helpful (for me)
- Psyllium fiber: kept me regular but added bulk, which stretched the canal and kept the wound from closing. Olive oil and miralax were my best friends.
- Coconut oil: STUNG! Seemed to make things worse.
- Calmoseptine: recommended by my doctor; like a diaper rash ointment for adults, but caused irritation
- Flagyl ointment: prescribed by my doctor; helped with healing but caused irritation and seemed to leave skin tags (I didn’t have them before using)
tdb

Topics: 1

Re: Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl)

Postby Pipyeah777 » 24 Mar 2022, 16:36

B
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby HealMePlease » 20 Jan 2023, 16:23

Can you recommend a brand or have a link to this item? How are you doing now 1 year later?
HealMePlease

Postby Pipyeah777 » 20 Jan 2023, 19:46

Hey there, I am healed since September 2022 and have had no other issues. I am on miralaxx morning and night and maintaining soft stools for the long haul. I have realized my body just can’t process certain foods and I avoid gluten as well, but I will be on miralaxx for life as I have IBS-C and I never want to go through that again. It took 9 months to heal and never saw a doctor about it because by the time I could get the actual apt, I was healed and cancelled. So anyway, funny I was thinking about making a post this morning about the cream that essentially healed me, you can get it on Amazon and I know that is what healed me. It’s called amerigel hydro wound dressing. I figured whatever heals diabetic gaping wounds would surely work and it did, but the thing I leaned is that it heals and opens a lot but that’s part of the process and eventually will heal. It truly will. After two months of using this gel, and the gel only and using miralaxx and cleaning gently after pooping and nothing more than that, it will and less is more with what you do. Miralaxx, gel, gentle cleaning. And time. Lots of time. I used two of those small ointments and I am thankful that I found it. I just had to think about people with severe healing issues and diabetics have the worst time with wounds that don’t want to heal…. So yeah. I hope that helps you. I’m so glad to be done and will never ever take my health for granted. I eat healthy and exercise and keep myself stocked with miralaxx lol that has been one of the best things also. Keeping everything soft.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories