Day 15 of zero spasms

Going on my 5th month of fissure frustration

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Day 15 of zero spasms

Postby tightbutt5678 » 05 Jun 2019, 04:05

My fissure healing diary:

I'm on Day 15 of zero spasms. I've had very good soft-serve BMs every morning usually pain level 1-2 for a minute after going. I always shower and put rectogesic after then a sitz bath about an hour or so later with some more recto. This seems to also avoid the tightness feeling then the rest of the day is all good. I did have two days with slightly harder BMs but it may have been related to my menstrual cycle as I didn't really change my diet.
I don't really feel like it has improved since day 1 of this spasm-free period. It feels a bit like I'm in limbo - not in severe pain but also not healed or improving much. If I was in severe pain I'd be booking surgery in a second.

So perhaps someone can offer advice? For those who've healed from a fissure, how did the healing go in terms of progression over time? Was it a few weeks with minor pain, more or less before consistently zero pain? I am wondering if this is the best I can achieve without surgery... I am ok with surgery, but I don't know how much longer I should wait with this small level of pain each day. I am extremely strict with diet and the whole ointments procedure and am sure I'd backtrack quite a bit if I stopped doing this. If anyone has had a similar experience in terms of healing, I'd love to hear from you.
Background: Going on my 5th month with a chronic fissure. Originally had severe spasms for hours but now only tightness/soreness occurs if I miss a sitz bath/rectogesic/good routine.
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Day 15 of zero spasms

Postby appleapple » 05 Jun 2019, 19:59

congrats on zero spasm days!

don't have any advice to share (struggling with my own battle) but sending healing vibes!
appleapple
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby tightbutt5678 » 06 Jun 2019, 03:31

Thanks appleapple! I am truly immersing myself in healing vibes these days so fingers crossed :)
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Postby tightbutt5678 » 06 Jun 2019, 04:09

Day 16 of zero spasms

Today's BM was the same as yesterday but could have been slightly softer. Still, pain level 1 and only for 1 minute right after.

Yesterday's diet and procedure went like this:

- BM first thing, shower then rectogesic
- Breakfast: wholemeal oats, half a mango, half teaspoon of chia seeds, small portion of baby spinach cooked in coco oil.
- sitz bath with epsom salts then another application of recto
- lunch: salmon, wholemeal spagetti with broccoli and mushroom soup, vitamin C tablet, small piece of dark choc
- applied some cream called Isdin - it's a nappy rash cream with zinc oxide 40%
- between lunch and dinner took: zinc, l-lysine and probiotic supplements
- went on a 30 min walk up a hill and lay in the sun next to a nice fountain
- before dinner, shot of olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Dinner: small serving of brown rice with potato , eggplant, zuccini mix with olive oil on top. Small salad with beet, avocado and lentil.
- took 2 magnesium citrates and 1 cod liver oil, 1 miralax dissolved in coco milk, small piece of dark choc, half a yogurt with honey.
- drank around 2.4 litres of water in total
- before sleeping did some massage/dilation using index finger then a bigger dilator, then slightly bigger. Used coco oil. Then after applied isdin again inside and diltiazem on the outisde.

Any advice on how this diet or routine could be improved?
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 06 Jun 2019, 10:40

Keep doing what works for you :)
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby tightbutt5678 » 07 Jun 2019, 03:18

Day 17 of zero spasms:

Today was BETTER. Softer and smaller BM with no pain JUST DISCOMFORT. Yay!

Things that were different:
I used a finger cot and coco oil to clean inside thoroughly whilst showering. It felt very soft so I wanted to make sure no bits were left behind.
Yesterday:
Breakfast: NO OATS, I think cutting out oats helped somehow. Only ate mango, kiwi, half tsp of chia, 1 egg.
Lunch: same as yesterday but had perch instead of salmon
Dinner: same but with the addition of tofu and chickpeas instead of lentils in salad.
Used more raw olive oil on top of meals
Total fibre was around 20g
Had a tiny bit more miralax like, 1.2 sachets.

Put rectogesic at night time as I was too tired to do dilation. Then some manuka honey inside as well.

Let's see how tomorrow goes!

Good day so far! I just got my period so am feeling meh but my butt is happy so far. :)
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Postby tightbutt5678 » 09 Jun 2019, 05:32

Day 19
- yesterday and today were the same as day 17. Just discomfort. Yay!
- I had a work trip Friday - Saturday and was veryyy nervous about messing things up but I'm still on track.
- Day 3 of only discomfort
- I tried quinoa flakes for breakfast today so will see if they affect my BM tomorrow
- I am trying to wean myself off of rectogesic and sitz baths to slowly become a normal person again lol
- On Saturday I wasn't able to have a bath and only applied recto once and felt totally fine.
- let's see if I can get that discomfort to feeling normal! Unsure of when to start slowly going back to normal eating or being more flexible...
- started applying aquaphor on Friday. Feels nice and lubricating but unsure if it'll help in healing...
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Postby tightbutt5678 » 11 Jun 2019, 08:23

Day 21 of zero spasms
- diet has been more or less the same
- BMs still very soft, literally falling out within seconds. I am slowly lowering my miralax dosage to see if slightly more formed BMs are more beneficial
- have felt a little more tightness a few hours after a BM. I am guessing it might be because I skipped doing dilation for 3 or 4 days due to schedule and work trip. Will resume tonight again. Unsure of going bigger or not...
- starting to consider surgery if no improvement is seen in the next couple of weeks
- seeing my CRS next week to ask for advice on what to do next
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Postby appleapple » 12 Jun 2019, 21:04

so happy for your good progress. gives me hope too!
appleapple
Salt Bather

Postby tightbutt5678 » 13 Jun 2019, 02:40

Thanks appleapple!

Day 23 of zero spasms

- last 2 days have been more or less the same BM -wise
- today woke up at 8.30am and didn't have the urgency to go straight away. It's 9.30am now and still haven't gone. Enjoying the morning and drinking warm ginger tea. I will make a warm prune juice and coffee soon to see if I can get things moving.
- I notice that if I don't sleep enough, my BMs are delayed. Last night I went to bed around 3am so I only got less than 5 hours. Actually excited to have a coffee for the first time in ages!
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather