REDUCE FIBER! It works!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

REDUCE FIBER! It works!

Postby feelingbettertips » 21 Mar 2018, 09:49

I have been strugling for 3 months with bleeding and pain. I followed the general advice of eating more fiber and drinking more water. Things were getting worse. Everything changed when I read Fiber Menace. I reduced the fiber to less than 10 grams per day and drank less water. OMG! I cannot believe the results! IT has been 10 days and no bleeding, less and less pain every day. I am also taking buferred vitamin C, with calcium, magnezium and potassium. I am using the one from Thorne Research, you can buy it online. Take 1 scoop first thing in the morning, on an emtpy stomach. It is very important to take it on an empty stomach, in order to act like a laxativ/ stool softner. In maxium one hour you will go to the washroom and the stool is soft and watery, almost no pain at all. Make sure the buferred vitamin c comes with calcium, magnezium and potassium. This combination draws water into the colon in within 1 hour when taken on empty stomach. It is actually pretty amazing. The book Fiber Menace, also explain how this works. You can find a lot of very good information on low fiber diet on the website gutsense.org.
I wish I could say that out loud to everyone one on Earth who suffers with fissures. Reducing fiber makes your stool much smaller and thinner, which is the most important step for healing. The buferred vitamin C breaks it down and makes it soft, which is very important when you switch ti a low fiber diet, your stool may become harder.
feelingbettertips

Topics: 2

Re: REDUCE FIBER! It works!

Postby mmklinemm » 22 Mar 2018, 08:21

It's important to understand the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber, and the effect each has on your personal digestive system. I agree that the general advice to "eat more fiber" is not correct. It took me years to realize that insoluble fiber was causing me problems. But soluble fiber is my best friend in the world and makes everything better.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13