protein

try getting more protein

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

protein

Postby bumlord » 19 Jul 2018, 10:30

I'm surprised no doctor ever said anything about this in relation to the healing of wounds such as fissures, which are really important to be healed as fast as possible. This of course requires good nutrition and good sleep and getting rid of stress.

But I just thought tthat probably many people here are protein defficient, i.e. they don't consume about 0.6 - 0.8g of protein a day. I think it is important to add some protein, because protein defficiency leads to wounds healing SLOWER, which is really something you DON'T want when dealing with fissures.

However, eating just protein is bad and will constipate and give you a lot of gas. But I think it's possible to have some balance, e.g. peas are an excellent source of fiber and protein.

I got this idea beacuse in the past I used to go to the gym, and gym-goers are very obsessed about geting the optimal level of protein, etc. so that what they do in the gym isn't just wasted time and effort and they actually build muscle when they damage muscle. Same thing applies to any wound, actually.

First thing I found online after I had this idea:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12070399
bumlord

Topics: 2

Re: protein

Postby UKMan » 25 Jul 2021, 18:04

Protein Weetabix!
UKMan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5