Very Anxious

Possible Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Very Anxious

Postby Grasscutter » 22 Jan 2018, 15:10

Hi All
I am fairly new here, joined beginningof January. Over the last year have had odd times of itchiness, but nothing awful. I went on holiday in September and as usual, suffered with constipation, again, nothing new for me. One day I was rushing to go out and was over zealous in trying to go to the loo. A little while later, I was in such pain, I had to sit for a while as I was in such pain. Since that day, I have had itching, pain after bowel movements, and feeling of a lump. I also have the feeling of incomplete bm's. I now notice I have a sentinel pile which sometimes swells, is sore and looks like it has a white tip. I went to my dr who did not examine me, but told me to eat more fruit and gave me some cream that I could only use for one week. Well, this did nothing at all. I suffer with health anxiety so started to get very anxious imagining I had something very serious. I would add that I have never bled, but suffer every day with soreness, stinging and a feeling of a lump. Reading this site, I realise I am not alone and that I probably have a fissure. I really just want some peace of mind that this is not something else.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Very Anxious

Postby Grasscutter » 23 Jan 2018, 19:12

Hello, is anyone there please? I am new here and am so, so worried about my symptoms. I am due to go back and see my GP on Friday, but really don't know what could be the problem. Most hemmies and fissures seem to come with rectal bleeding, which I don't have, but the stinging, burning, lump up my bum feeling when walking around has really pushed my anxiety up.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 23 Jan 2018, 19:48

I had pain with no bleeding for at least two months before my fissure got bigger and one instance of constipatio started the bleening phase. Ask the doc to do anoscopy. Not just look from the outside. But most GPs don't specialize in these conditions and may not recognize it. If to.orrow nothing certain is determined, go to a CRS. If they need to they can do MRI, CT scan, etc to check what exactly is the problem. Don't panic, but get a proper diagnosis soon so you know what you are dealing with and treat it properly. My anxiety dropped significantly after the proper exam, becausr i was imagining all kinds of horrific scenarious and coudnt explain why this horrible pain wasn't going away.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Grasscutter » 23 Jan 2018, 20:03

Thanks Hopefully, really appreciate your answer. I live in France, and the health care is amazing here. I suffer so much with health anxiety, and I know I need to find out what is causing my problems, but I am scared at the same time. Like you, I am imagining the worst because I don't understand why I have this every day and it is not getting better. To look at my bottom (no, I know you don't want to!) but it is really neat and nothing like all the photos I have seen of hemmies and fissures. All I have is a skin tag which looks raw sometimes and some slight discolouration. Nothing to really see! Will update when I have seen GP.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 23 Jan 2018, 20:12

Hang in there. I also have a small tag but this is from small internal hemorrhoid that strerched slightly out because i didnt know any better what to to in the beginning and take stool softeners not to strain. It doesnt look like hem, just a skin, but the hem stretched it. Yours could be the same. My bottom also looks healthy, but the fissures are just small cuts inside, thats why it's important for them to look inside. Good luck. Maybe no bleeding is a good thing and the cut is not deep, so it has a chance to heal with proper diet and treatments. Don't eat anything that in the slightest hardens your stools. Take at least 500 mg of magnesium Citrate to make your stool soft.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11