I’m new here

Introduction

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I’m new here

Postby soreinscotland » 22 Apr 2018, 23:50

Hi, I’m new to the group and new to forums, so please bear with me! I’m 46 year old mum, wife and daughter. I’ve been living with constipation and hemorrhoids since my son was born 12 years ago. In the last year I thought the hemorrhoids were getting worse, creams weren’t working well, making them worse infact. I was too embarrassed to visit the doctor thinking there was little could be done anyway. I finally took the plunge and visited my GP a few weeks ago. She prescribed a cream (Anasol HC) it didn’t work. I went back, she prescribed another cream (glyceryl trinitrate), it didn’t work either, it made it worse. I went back last week and she finally asked to examine me. I have a fissure. She wasn’t able to examine me much due to the pain so referred me to a colorectal consultant. I saw the consultant on Friday and he’s prescribed diltiazem which I’m due to pick up later today. He wasn’t able to examine me on Friday as pain was too bad. He’s talking about possibly have to give me a GA for an examination then Botulinum toxin injection. I’m really not coping well at all. Spasms are excruciating, rest of the time it’s “just sore”, spasms are waking me most days around 2am-4am and that’s me up for the day..not great when I’ve got family to look after. I’m also currently seeing a urologist due to problems with frequent urination. She thinks this is possible due to poor pelvic floor muscles and/or and has prescribed me Mirabegron which I think is working but also also causing nausea, lack of appetite and constipation :groan: . I’m due to have a full bladder and pelvic scan later this week and a Urodynamic test in a few weeks once course of meds finished.
Sorry for the long post. So glad I found this forum, looks like lots of great info. Thank you x
soreinscotland

Topics: 1

Re: I’m new here

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 02 May 2018, 08:46

Hi, I’m sorry to hear of the troubles you’ve been having. I agree that the fissure ends up taking over your life. I’ve been hearing more and more about pelvic floor muscles being responsible for a lot of our woes, including contributing to fissures, so it is definitely worth investigating and getting fixed.

Have you tried a warm sitz bath before bedtime? It’s not a miracle cure but since they help to reduce my spasm pain for several hours on end, I wondered if they might also help you get a decent night’s sleep.
Deleted User 7114