Long time sufferer HELLO!

Introduction

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Long time sufferer HELLO!

Postby PainInTheAsh » 09 Jan 2021, 17:01

Hello everyone

I’m sure i found this forum like most of you. I was at the business end of my rope. Mentally, physically, spiritually exhausted from the chronic pain. Made especially worse during the pandemic and with other external stressors. So tired of having to lay down and do nothing for hours after a BM due to residual aching pain that nothing seems to help. Some days I feel completely defeated and hopelessly depressed due to this. And this is where I find myself. This latest episode I have been fighting since August.
PainInTheAsh

Topics: 3

Re: Long time sufferer HELLO!

Postby dmcff » 15 Jan 2021, 09:16

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes, there is definitely a mental health dimension in this condition, though it's not always acknowledged, and some doctors refer it solely to pain management. Feelings of depression and anxiety linked to the condition can easily spiral. It's really a good idea to consult not only a GP and/or CRS, but also a mental health professional. I have found that weekly sessions of therapy/counselling (online) do a lot to help me to cope with my fissures, and I would not like to be without that support. Good luck with your progress in fighting AF.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Re: Long time sufferer HELLO!

Postby Lin_2010 » 16 Jan 2021, 18:55

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find some useful posts as I know I certainly did. I'm still fighting with mine but I've found different approaches have helped me reduce the severity of my reoccurrences. Certainly wouldn't have known about as much as I do if it weren't for this forum. A lot of helpful folks here :)
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Topics: 4