Anusol HC

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Anusol HC

Postby mike1971 » 05 Jun 2018, 13:54

Hi all. Wen to see my surgeon today for a 3 week check up after fistulotomy surgery.

I've been experiencing this throbbing, dull, and slightly burning pain around my anus everyday for a few hours (usually 4 to 6 hours) everyday, generally in the late afternoon. I can't sit or drive for very long periods as it's painful.

He briefly examines my bum, presses on a couple spots, and finds the source of the pain. He tells me it's a small thrombosed hemorrhoid that is causing the pain.

So he immediately prescribed Anusol HC cream. Tells me to apply it a couple times a day (morning and evening) and to take a couple warm sitz baths a day.

I have just applied this cream to the outside of the anal area. I've never used it before. After 1 hour it seems to be working, but I can't be certain. I'll report back in a few days of usage and see how that goes.

Anyone have experience using Anusol HC? How long can I keep taking it and will it eventually help treat the external hemorrhoids so I don't have to use it and can go about my daily routine?
mike1971
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Anusol HC

Postby mike1971 » 14 Jun 2018, 21:07

I'm guessing my pain is from the external thrombosed hemorrhoids. I guess internal ones can cause pain too?

I had a bowel movement tonight after 48 hours and I immediately had some pain and discomfort afterwards. It's like a numbing, pressure feeling like something is squeezing it down there.

Maybe they get inflamed after a few hours and cause the lingering pain for 5 or 6 hours.

The pain, pressure, discomfort comes shortly after a bowel movement. It eventually let's off and I have a few hours that are pain free before the next bowel movements.

Anyone with hemorrhoid experience similar symptoms?

I'm just hoping it's not something like muscle spasms in the pelvic area.
mike1971
Salt Bather

Topics: 10