Thrombosed hemmerhoid

Thrombosed hemmerhoid please help

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Thrombosed hemmerhoid

Postby NikkiB69 » 11 Aug 2019, 16:53

Who has experience with a thrombosed hemmerhoid??

I've recently been diagnosed with a Thrombosed hemmerhoid. Brief history - I'm a 50 year old married female with 2 sons, we live in the UK. I suffered with painful external hemmerhoids for about 8 years since my 2nd pregnancy with my darling son. Had surgery to "remove" the hemmerhoids, not great success, ended up with a bad fissure, oh joy!!!! After couple of years of PAIN this seems to have pretty much healed in the last few months (real joy!!) then a few weeks ago i noticed what felt like a small hemmerhoid (sad face) which turned into a thrombosed hemmerhoid (crying face!) Never had one before. Told by consultant they don't like to cut it to treat it like they used to, it will go away by itself. Said to have sitz baths, anaesthetic ointments, pain killers, no constipation etc (do all of the above and have a good vegetarian/pescatarian diet)
Not sure exactly how long it's been 'thrombosed', as before it was just an external hemmerhoid which i could push back inside. So then it got too painful to do that, and much more swollen. I'd say worst pain and biggest swelling was about 2 days ago..
Would love to hear from anyone who's experienced this issue.
How long does it take to go away (or piss right off!!)?
Did it resolve naturally?
Did it go completely?
What happens to the excess skin?
What did people use to help pain/swelling/healing?
Will i now be prone to hemmerhoids again...after having surgery thought i was done with all that (another sad face)?
Will i be more prone to another thrombosed hemmerhoid?

I've recently bought a lovely new (expensive) bicycle which i went on once, first time cycling in years because of all the pain, so thought i could finally get back to it! Anyone know if this could be a contributing factor for hemmerhoids?? i really want to cycle so this is getting me down......

I have quite a large swelling down there which hurts like a bitch!! Don't know which is worse, this or the fissure?!?!

Trying to stay positive......
Thanks all
NikkiB69
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: Thrombosed hemmerhoid

Postby Flaneur » 17 Aug 2019, 18:22

How are you going nikki?
I've come in here to ask almost the same question. I have a six year history of hemmies, mostly external that bothered me. I've had thrombosed ones lanced around 6 times and it's the worst pain ever. This time I haven't had one for two years and suddenly there it is. I had a skin tag removed and banding only a couple of months ago so thought it was all good down there.
I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow but in the meantime am teying:
-sitz baths 2x day
-meditation
-eating only "good" food, and not a lot of it
- Stool softeners.
-proctosedyl
I wondered about other creams like bruising cream (hirudoid) and whether it wod help clear this.
Past experience makes me think getting it lanced again will only make it come back in the future so I want this one to clear naturally. Just worried it never will or itll get bigger.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NikkiB69 » 19 Aug 2019, 06:05

Hi. Where are you? In the UK? I live in Southwest UK. I was told by the consultant that they used to lance thrombosed hemmerhoid but not any more because
1. That can lead to infection
2. That means you have a cut to heal from so you’re swapping one issue with another
3. The thrombosed hemmerhoid can only stay swollen for so long before it will naturally resolve and go away by itself, so lancing it is pointless..
So he told me to take pain killers, have sitz baths and not get constipated etc.
Mine seems smaller, it’s less painful but definitely still uncomfortable and stopping me from doing what I want to do..... Hope it’s just taking its time but will be gone soon!!!!
Is yours any better? How did your appt go, what did your doctor say?
NikkiB69
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby Flaneur » 19 Aug 2019, 18:01

Hi! Glad you're feeling a little relief. I'm in New Zealand. Saw the doc yesterday and he gave me a prescription for sheriproct which was super expensive but supposed to be good. It's a small thrombosis so he said he wouldn't even lance it at that stage, just use conservative measures. He might prescribe nifedipine if its not gone in a week. Yesterday it was feeling better but today I'm in pain again. Its totally affecting my mental health, I'm so anxious and crabby.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11