Nifedipine with lidocaine

hemmorhoid

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Nifedipine with lidocaine

Postby davminos » 18 Dec 2020, 13:46

Has anyone had experience using nifedipine with lidocaine for hemorrhoids? I used it with success for a fissure and I've had a hemorrhoid act up, it was a bit thrombosed, after applying the nifedipine for a couple of days it seemed to help by releasing the blood. The area is still sore but not as painful seems to be getting better but as I said it's still sore. Would be interested to know if this use of the nifedipine has been successful or not for anyone else. Thank you in advance.
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Nifedipine with lidocaine

Postby Make.it.stop » 06 Feb 2021, 21:37

Hi there, I just joined the forum and noticed this topic name, as I've just started using the same combo for a new fissure the other day. Sad to say I have felt literally zero effect from the prescription three days in (and I've also got substantial hemms), but I figure I'll keep with it a while since I've already paid for it. I'll try to remember to update in a bit. How has it been for you these last months?
10/17-31/12/17 – First signs/annihilated by Fissure 1
3/18 – Fissure 1 healed by sitz bath/toilet & GI bugs
1/21 – First signs/annihilated by Fissure 2
Make.it.stop
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby davminos » 22 Feb 2021, 00:43

It worked to help heal the fissure but took about eight or so weeks. Keeping stools soft was also key, so I used a morning dose of miralax to help and it worked. Good luck and best wishes.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby Yishai » 01 Mar 2021, 01:51

Hi Dav, same user as before but had to make a new account. I kept at it for a week and things actually felt like they were getting worse, so I quit and switched to another compound (which I've also now quit as it had hydrocortisone, which no one on here seems to have enjoyed!). The pharmacy said that a week should've been long enough to see some improvement and that if there wasn't any by then, there likely wouldn't be; how long until you noticed any difference?

Stools are another matter for me altogether...seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the size or softness causing pain or bleeding!
Fissure 1: Jan. - Mar. 2018 (spontaneous/stomach flu heal)
Fissure 2: Jan. - Apr. 2021 (diet/medical therapy?)
Fissure 3: Nov. - Dec. 2021 (low fibre/PEG)

Ongoing hemorrhoidal/pelvic floor/anal sensitivity issues...
Yishai
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby davminos » 30 Mar 2021, 15:19

It took about three weeks and I continued using nifedipine for about 8 or so weeks and then went well for a while but then had another incident so used it another six or so weeks. I use miralax daily to soften the stools and continue using it to this day. Hope that helps, best wishes.
davminos
Salt Bather