Need help to SLOW digestion

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Need help to SLOW digestion

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 04:12

Hi guys,
Just had Botox and fissurotomy, I have IBS D and all I had to eat yesterday was a very weak broth and a slice of fruit toast...3 hours after I had a little explosion of poop.
Now I hadnt eaten for 5 days as I know I have a fast digestion but I really didn't expect that.
Can anyone give me any advice on how to slow my digestion down please I'm going to cut the broth out and just have dry toast not fruit toast just plain and a potato today any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are so many different types of stool softener and laxatives but what do you do if your the other way, I took a loperamide but dont want to take too many GP is useless as she just advised taking as much loperamide as needed...even I get constipated if I take too many and don't really want to try a guessing game after just having had the fissurotomy
Thanx
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Need help to SLOW digestion

Postby OuchX » 28 Jun 2018, 22:19

Been suffering with severe Constipation and then conversely loose stool with spasms for 4 months. From what I read things like rice, potatoes, bread, oats(binding foods against loose stool) and various fibers(insoluble-soluble(start slow with them) can effect gut motility and help slow it down. Stool Softeners(Colace) set me off on a really violent bout for 2 weeks I nearly didn't heal from. Trying to avoid that altogether. Heat, low stress can slow down digestion...

I have severe digestive issues so I am not taking fiber anymore costing me in the fissure department. My heart is with you...
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Need help to SLOW digestion

Postby chachacha » 29 Jun 2018, 09:12

Rice and meat worked well for me. Good luck.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19