Painful Anal Skin

Painful Anal Skin

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Painful Anal Skin

Postby Pita89 » 08 Oct 2020, 16:53

I had LIS in June of 2019, had some healing issues, and needed a second surgery to cauterize the surgical wound in August 2019. The fissure and surgical wounds healed fine after that, but I've never been out of pain. I'm in pelvic floor PT to help with my ongoing muscle issues as a result of all of this... but I'm having trouble finding answers about what to do for the ongoing pain and burning in the skin and tissues in my anal area.

I have experienced leakage after BMs since LIS. It has decreased quite a bit since starting PT, and now it's mainly issues getting clean after a BM... but I go to great lengths to get clean, after experiencing some skin breakdown as a result of the leakage in the past. I also use some kind of barrier cream every day to protect the skin from any rogue leakage I may have, or from any friction. But my skin just seems to be thin, hypersensitive, and reactive to every little thing. Sweating makes the whole area burn. Sometimes just stool passing over the area during a BM makes things burn (not eating anything spicy, not having diarrhea). Sometimes just walking around my house makes the whole area burn. I do not have new fissures or anything, it's really just the actual skin is burning and gets irritated for no real reason.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do about the skin issues and pain?

Is it possible that so many months of creams and sitz baths have dried the skin out to the point that it's this reactive and painful? How do I get it back to normal?

What kind of doctor would I even see for this issue? Seeing my original surgeon is not an option, as she was not helpful on any level and is in another state.

Thank anyone for any help or insight you can give me. Hugs to everyone suffering with this curse of butt pain.
Pita89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Painful Anal Skin

Postby Savaici » 09 Oct 2020, 14:37

It might be worth consulting with a dermatologist about your skin. Sorry that things are not back to normal for you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Painful Anal Skin

Postby softie » 10 Jan 2022, 09:55

Pita, I was wondering if you had any updates on your situation? Has your muscle spasming pain decreased through PT or any other intervention?
softie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3