Hypetrophied anal papilla?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Hypetrophied anal papilla?

Postby as90 » 28 Nov 2017, 14:34

Hi,
I went to my CRS to get my third treatment of Sclerotherapy. He has me on a regimen of Miralax and Metamucil. Which has helped with constipation.

However, he did the anoscopy and at the 4th visit he stated that I have hypetrophied anal papilla just above the dentate line. I have issues with my stools getting stuck after a bowel movement (i.e. residual stool left over). He was not too concerned by this but it happens 3-4 times a week and he said I should just increase my metamucil intake. I am worried that the hypetrophied anal papilla are causing my symptoms of stool getting stuck (I have done everything, cut back on my sugar intake, cut back on my coffee/chocolate,etc.). He said I should not consider surgery for them but I am a little baffled.

So far the fullness, itchiness and stool getting stuck are my main symptoms. I was wondering if those who have had surgery for skin tag removal would know about papilla removal? How long is postop recovery time?

Thanks
as90
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Hypetrophied anal papilla?

Postby as90 » 07 Mar 2018, 15:13

Bumping this. I should also mention that during the past couple of years, I had not been using prepation H correctly with the applicator. I was not lubricating the applicator with the ointment prior to inserting it into the anal canal so I don't know if this kind of caused my symptoms too. I always feel wrinkly on the left side of my anal canal. I'm just in agony because this has really affected my quality of life.
as90
Fibre Addict

Postby mmklinemm » 16 Mar 2018, 14:20

My CRS found one of those during my LIS last week and removed it. She cauterized the wound after. This was my 2nd LIS, and I haven't noticed any major difference in my recovery process. The aftercare instructions were the same, as well.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby as90 » 16 Mar 2018, 14:28

I wonder if this will make a big difference in my symptoms, wiping, etc.

I just am scared to get another anoscopy done as I don't want more trauma
as90
Fibre Addict

Postby Jms990 » 20 Jun 2018, 14:38

I was having the same issues as you and my doctor removed two larger anal papilla in the office. It was a little painful but it completely solved my issues with feeling full and wiping. The healing time was a few days but nothing bad.
Jms990

Topics: 1