sentinel pile blood(y) swelling

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

sentinel pile blood(y) swelling

Postby trance » 14 Jan 2018, 16:59

long story short:
i was a child, got an anal fissure, it healed perfectly had neither surgery nor complained for over 10 years give or take.
im a man.
if thats worth while information.

the sentinal pile is about the size and shape of a red bean.
never had a problem with it, other than the fact that i didnt much care for it being there.
HA HA, until now!

its become swollen with blood, not painfully but "irritating".
normally when it filled with blood i could just press on it and...squeeze the blood back.
but this is different from "normally"

question:

1.do i have to be alarmed? what are the chances of this becoming something worse?

2.if i remove it, which is the fastes and least scarring surgery?

3.what would it take to do surgery myself (half serious, please do tell, if you know)

4.i know that i can go 1-2 weeks without eating and just live on water, is that as good an option for the after surgery diet as i think it would? (no food?->no poop!)

5.how much money does the surgery usually cost?...how much should it cost?

6..........whats actually some of the worst things that could happen if i removed it myself?

well, thats about all i can think of right now.
let me hear what you think, hopefully answer my questions?

random ramblings:

right now id really rather do it myself(dont trust docs with their blunt knives)
but ive been reading about "terrible pain" after the surgery. which i guess is actually one more reason for wanting to do it myself-"the pain you know" and all that.
the biggest thing would be that i have no idea whats the best method to close the wound so i wont just have another lump after just having cut one away. i want it gone! all of it!

dont worry, im a perfectionist so if i do it myself.
ill do it when im actually better than the doc.
which is great, keeps me from failing, ever...exept when theres a time line XD
trance

Topics: 1

Re: sentinel pile blood(y) swelling

Postby Duiven » 27 Jan 2018, 10:34

Heeye Trance

I would guess that you are studying medicine since you think you can do it better than a surgeon although you would be studying to become a professional you don't even trust on.

Anyway, having a skin tag or pile after an AF is not necessarily alarming, it can just make it more likely to get another AF later. If the pile is not giving you problems please take that idea of the "self-surgery" out of your head. I would recommend you visit a good CRS so he can evaluate the necessity of removing it.

The risks of performing yourself a surgery in a delicate area like your anus are really high so don't even think about it.
Duiven
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Arseageddon » 28 Jan 2018, 12:38

Reference not eating to not poop - I asked my GP whether I should continue with my prescribed stool softeners, as I felt they were making me poop so often that it was surely aggravating my fissure. He replied that pooping helps blood flow, which is necessary for healing.
It seems we're damned!

Regarding removing a pile yourself, I would be vary wary of turning an irritation into a lot of pain with the possibility of infection :-/
Arseageddon

Postby Duiven » 29 Jan 2018, 04:27

I will actually try a 48 hours water fasting to see if that helps XD
Duiven
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2