1.5 weeks post skin tag surgery

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

1.5 weeks post skin tag surgery

Postby Kam88 » 10 Aug 2018, 08:43

Just updating my experience and sharing some concerns I have incase anyone has any input to share. After surgery I had a huge amount of swelling which was pretty much a big hemorrhoid, I didn’t have this before surgery. It was right where all of the stitches were, which was my biggest source of pain. If this hemorrhoid wouldn’t have happened the pain probably wouldn’t have been so bad. It was there before my first bowel movement. I’m not sure if it showed up from irritation from the stitches. Maybe 5 days ago I saw big white areas on this hemorrhoid and freaked out. I had increased pain. I went to my doctor he said it wasn’t infected because there was no increased redness but it was more like a thrombosed hemorrhoid. The white areas he said was exudate from the normal healing process. He gave me a lidocaine shot and drained the thrombosed hemorrhoid. The swelling went down a lot but it’s still there and I’m so scared it won’t ever go away. I did this to remove a small skin tag. Not to end up with this mess of a bottom that I have now. I was embarrassed enough of my body now it’s a lot worse. I feel so helpless. I really hope things improve but it’s so bad right now I don’t know if that’s possible.
Kam88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: 1.5 weeks post skin tag surgery

Postby drewskie » 05 Sep 2018, 18:05

Hi, I have no advice unfortunately but I am sorry you had to go through that. How are you feeling now? Any better? Did your Dr. say why the thrombosed hemmie occured?
drewskie