Do sentinel piles hurt?

I have my doubts...

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Do sentinel piles hurt?

Postby Worstyear » 29 Aug 2021, 11:53

Hello, I've been thinking about this subject a lot since my last visit to the doctor. I wrote a diary about this so I don't want to flood the forum and I'll go straight to the point.

Can sentinel piles hurt? Or the scar is hurting? My fissure is closed according to the doc, but I still experience pain when i bm. It's not the paper cut pain that I had before, it feels different. It's like a moment when the thing is out. And I feel like the area has inflamation afterwards. I apply vaseline before my bm and then gtn after and i notice the piles are smaller and soft before, and hard and big after the bm. Gtn seems to do nothing to piles.
Doc says that what I feel it's pain from the swelling of the piles. But I think the pain afterwards (burning, some stinging) is the muscle.
Is there a way to reduce piles and discomfort?
Can a fissure hurt even if its closed?

Thank you all ❤
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Do sentinel piles hurt?

Postby kbhappy2 » 31 Aug 2021, 06:00

I have had a fissure for 13 years. For the past 3 years I was basically asymptomatic. Suddenly I got a small external thrombosis hemorrhoid and had one bloody BM. Then over two weeks my skin tag / pile grew. I had no clue what was going on and figured it was a hemorrhoid. My pile HURT! Everything around it hurt. Coughing , laughing , walking. When I wen to the doc they said my fissure was actually what was causing the pain. So yes the pile can hurt. My theory was that the stretching skin shared space with the fissure. Essentially tissue pulling on a cut. Yes. It hurt
kbhappy2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3