New skin tag 12 days after removal???!

I just can't even describe how angry am I

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

New skin tag 12 days after removal???!

Postby Worstyear » 19 Jun 2022, 16:10

I've been posting in the LIs forum, but I just discovered this:
I've had LIS, a fissurectomy and a skin tag removal 12 days ago. I've posted earlier that today was harsh because I felt pain from the tag removal place and I started to feel some sort of weird sensation, like a foreign object in my butt.
I've checked it out touching and with a mirror and I see a new damn skin tag in the anterior site (I had a huge scar and piles on the posterior site in the fissure place, and that piles are gone).
Is this normal, does anyone here had a similar issue? I've made a quick google search and some hospital stated that after perianal surgery a patient may have this tags as a reaction of the wounds and that they dissapear after healing but I can't help to think that something have failed if I have this again so fast in another part of my bum!
I'll talk to the surgeon on tuesday but I am SO ANGRY. My other guess is that I could have both ans the guy removed just one and this one now got bigger? Aaargh!
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: New skin tag 12 days after removal???!

Postby ansi2019 » 21 Jun 2022, 10:41

So sorry for your pain, it's so stressful.
Back to the topic, it's IMPOSSIBLE to build a new skin tag in just 12 days post LIS, what you're having is just inflammation of thee surgery site, the skin become ultra sensitive during these time, usually after 2 weeks you feel a huge difference / progress but that doesn't mean uncomfortable sensation during BM & afterwards.
All you can do for now is some sit baths, clean that area as much as you can without hurting yourself of course, put a small cotton there shaped as half a finger, don't put it inside (CAREFUL), to avoid any leakage from getting out & change it every time you feel the unbearable itching because that means it's dirty, Cotton is the most comfortable thing i ever used after LIS, but didn't know that during the first painful days, i used it like 4 or 5 months post LIS & it was great to keep you clean from leakage.

Don't get over stressed about this yet, it will take time to feel so much better, for me it took like 3 - 5 months so that any weird leakage stopped from the surgery , hemorrhoid, AF sites, after 8 months i started to feel nothing at all, felt like a normal person, but since last couple months (almost 2 & a half years post LIS) i started to feel uncomfortable again, so here i am again doing what i've ben doing Pre-LIS my last 20+ years of pain with AF & hemorrhoid.

One thing to take into consideration, doing a LIS won't make you superman (or superwoman), you'll just need to be ultra careful so you don't get back to square 0 again, that's the only way, a good / healthy diet full of fiber, drinking the right amount of water daily & praying your BM will go smooth.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New skin tag 12 days after removal???!

Postby Worstyear » 23 Jun 2022, 07:49

Thank you so much for the reply!
I actually have a new one.. smaller, on another part (confirmed by crs). He told me that this is inflammation as you said and that it will probably reduce a lot.
Thankfully I'm om day 16 and I don't have any leakage of any kind or blood at all since day 10. Place is really as it was before surgery. This is my first day with almost no pain (although I'm still scared and I took ibuprofen as fast as I left the bathroom).
I'm really glad that you told me your recovery time, made me feel less anxious.
I'm so sorry you have to go through this again after 2 years...
I'm completely with you about being careful. My main issue was the lack of water and fluids, so I think this gave me a huge lesson which I now made an habit. After one year, I just don't want to go through this again.
I hope you can heal faster now, nitro has been a very good friend of mine and did it's job as good as it could.
I hope you can do a conservative treatment and go back to normal soon!
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5