Advancement Flap surgery

Possible failure

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Advancement Flap surgery

Postby Amytwo » 04 Sep 2023, 17:56

Hi,
has anyone had experience of the flap slipping or failing? I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and for the first 2 weeks it was painful but was getting gradually better. Suddenly about a week ago, the pain became truly awful and it hurts so much during a BM and for a few hours afterwards.
My surgeon thinks it may have slipped but needs to put me under a general anaesthetic to have a look as the area is just too painful. I now have diarrhoea from all the painkillers and antibiotics (I'm quite a sensitive person bodily) and now am having multiple BMs daily, all of which are so painful.
My surgeon can't see me for the investigation for 2 weeks and suggested that we can hope maybe for a little healing during this time but I'm so scared that it just won't heal now as it's possibly just exposed raw wound in there.
Does anyone else have experience of a failure and what happened to you? Did it get fixed in the end? Or how did it all end up?
My surgeon doesn't believe in any additional healing methods as they aren't scientifically proven, but maybe they work for some people - any recommendations?

Thanks everyone.
Amytwo

Topics: 1

Re: Advancement Flap surgery

Postby Hazey123 » 12 Sep 2023, 05:21

Hi Amytwo
Sadly I can’t be of help as I haven’t had this surgery but wondering how you are feeling? There are lots of discussion threads about advancement flap surgery on here but I expect you’ve found those already. I hope things are improving and your surgeon can help. Sending you a ton of sympathy this issue is miserable to live with I do know.
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Postby Amytwo » 12 Sep 2023, 06:17

Hi Hazey123,
Thanks for your reply. I have had a good few days followed by some not so good days recently, so maybe it's healing a bit? I don't suppose I will know for sure until he has a look properly but I'm wondering if it's infected... I'm trying to think long term positive now as whatever the result is going to be, it's looking as though it's going to be a slow process.
I'll post again after the 20th once I know more.
I wish I'd found this forum before I had it done but we are where we are I suppose!

Thanks for your kind wishes x

:thanx:
Amytwo

Postby Hazey123 » 14 Sep 2023, 16:37

Good luck Amytwo! Let us know how your appt goes on the 20th. I really hope it’s not infected and that you get some relief. I’ve had a really busy few days and it gets so sore standing all day I just need to lie down with this thing (which you can’t really do in the day) sending you get well wishes xx
GTN ointment
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Postby Amytwo » 06 Nov 2023, 06:05

Hi Everyone & Hazey123,
I wanted to update everyone as I know that there are people on here who are thinking of surgery and I'm aware that I have left a rather negative impression.
After my appointment on 20th, things got a lot better really rather quickly, which was a bit odd as my surgeon was surprised at how long it was all taking. I suppose everybody heals at different rates, and my body is quite sensitive and doesn't generally respond well to interference!
So, all in all, things are good at the moment, I haven't had any more pain and looking like it's healed.

I wish everyone well, especially those who are struggling with this on a daily basis,

xxx
Amytwo

Postby Hazey123 » 08 Nov 2023, 09:52

Hi Amytwo
That’s great to hear. I don’t know much about your surgery I’m not sure if they do this in the uk or not?! But it’s fantastic to hear you are healing. What a relief. Update us as it’s good to hear experiences, good or bad. We learn a lot from each other xx
GTN ointment
Hazey123
Salt Bather