Post your diet and exercise routine here.

Basically tell us what works for you in terms of managing or minimising the pain of Anal fissure.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post your diet and exercise routine here.

Postby Vishal » 16 Jan 2018, 14:45

I am new to this site so Im not sure if there is a thread for this. I searched but couldn't find anything.
Here is a list of stuff that i did that helped me .

1) Consuming more fruits like watermelon, papaya, cucumber, grapes,ripe bananas,jamun
2) Eating more leafy greens like malabar spinach(to me it works like a magnesium supplement in terms of softening stool).
3 )Deep breathing -Helps relieves anxiety and stress and also when done at a fast rate helps with digestion.
4) Herbs like cayenne peppers, cumin and ginger when used in cooking greatly assists in digestion.
5) Drinking more water. I usually drink a 3/4 glass of water with meals and about and hour later i drink 2 glasses after.
6) Flavonoid supplements like rutin, quercitin and diosmin helps also.
7) Magnesium supplements helps with softening stool and as an added bonus helps give me a good night sleep too.
8) Epsom salt baths i found helps with pain too.
9) My go to exercise is walking. I usually go for a 5 min stroll every 2 hrs or so at work.
10) Breathing like Im giving birth when going to the wash room also helps. I know it sounds comical but it helps alot.
11) Yoga poses like Child Pose helps me relieve stress and helps also with digestion.

So there you have it. Looking forward to hear from you what works. I hope we can all help each other out.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: Post your diet and exercise routine here.

Postby Vishal » 16 Jan 2018, 14:47

Oh I forgot the main thing that helped me out, Coconut Oil. Coconut oil has brought me back to a near normal state.
And i have just been using it for a couple of months topically and orally( I usually take a teaspoon with every meal).
Vishal
Salt Bather

Re: Post your diet and exercise routine here.

Postby Vishal » 17 Jan 2018, 14:37

I also forgot that I believe in meditation and mantras. I Use the mantra Om sri Ganesh aya namah. Its suppose to relieve obstacles. I'm of Indian ancestry and I guess you can say that this illness has made me very religious.
Vishal
Salt Bather