Stress!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stress!

Postby SusieUK » 17 Apr 2018, 09:51

Hi, just wondering do you find that stress and anxiety play a large part in your 'bottom problems' ? I certainly do .... was diagnosed with IBS about 30 years ago..... always had anxiety, low self esteem etc

Anal fissures started 20 years ago after I had my son (breast feeding didn't help!) I think hormones/periods played a large part (I had endometriosis) ..... ruined my life for years ..... lived in fear of everything I ate .... became just about housebound & lost most of my friends as never dared go anywhere so they stopped asking me!
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Stress!

Postby hurtinend » 17 Apr 2018, 19:23

Yes, I can relate. No easy answers but stress can send my pain off the scale. Must find ways to cope, not easy.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby misspainful » 20 Apr 2018, 00:16

Yes! I had to take time off from work for stress (about a month ago) and my first day at home I got my first fissure.. I've been in agony ever since. I have no idea how I'm going to go back to work (I'm a teacher and it's now school holidays so I have another week until term starts). I just don't know what to do, I'm supposed to be trying to manage my work stress and anxiety but all I think about every day is my butt. What is happening to me :(
misspainful

Topics: 1

Postby SusieUK » 24 Apr 2018, 09:46

Hi misspainful I would go and see your Doctor and try to get it sorted as soon as possible. I was messed about for years I never went back to work after having my son as I just found it impossible. I had my fissures on and off for nearly 20 years! I was nearly operated on 15 years ago but the surgeon changed his mind at the last minute.
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2