Just had surgery yesterday

Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just had surgery yesterday

Postby Garfield6369 » 10 Jan 2018, 20:24

I just wanted to share. For anyone who is scared to go in for the surgery, do not think any longer!!!
I am only 1 day post op and I feel normal!!!! I have had the best experience. Ever since waking up the pain was less than living with a fissure. Ask me any questions
Garfield6369
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Just had surgery yesterday

Postby Crying in autumn » 11 Jan 2018, 00:25

Omg im sooo hsppy for u .
Ive had severe bleeding for over a year blood clots the size of my fist. Dr s sent for colonoscopy no issues 1 small hemmeroid . I always felt throbbing like i had to keep pushing etc would ease for few days then back . 1yr later another colonoscopy doc said small hemmroid larde skin tag but he had no idea why skin tag .
2 days after 2nd colonosvopy pain soo severe bleeding bad etc had to get a transfusion .A new sugeon started me on diltziam oint and iron but now getti g constipated even tons water soft foods i too lactulose made me gassy and diarea that irfitated it .
I never feel completely empty . The pain is always there .Did you experience any of tbis?
How long is surgery ? Do they knowck you right out or somewhat out?
Ive been in bed almost since dec19th bc im so weak and blood loss .sometimes even if i have to pee or stand up my but starts throbbing thanks for any insight
Crying in autumn
Fibre Addict

Postby Crying in autumn » 11 Jan 2018, 00:28

Omg im sooo hsppy for u .
Ive had severe bleeding for over a year blood clots the size of my fist. Dr s sent for colonoscopy no issues 1 small hemmeroid . I always felt throbbing like i had to keep pushing etc would ease for few days then back . 1yr later another colonoscopy doc said small hemmroid larde skin tag but he had no idea why skin tag .
2 days after 2nd colonosvopy pain soo severe bleeding bad etc had to get a transfusion .A new sugeon started me on diltziam oint and iron but now getti g constipated even tons water soft foods i too lactulose made me gassy and diiarea that irfitated it .
I never feel completely empty . The pain is always there .Did you experience any of tbis?
How long is surgery ? Do they knock you right out or somewhat out?
Ive been in bed almost since dec19th bc im so weak and blood loss .sometimes even if i have to pee or stand up my but starts throbbing thanks for any insight
Crying in autumn
Fibre Addict

Postby Garfield6369 » 11 Jan 2018, 17:21

O wow, I am so sorry to hear that. I did not have symptoms like you.
Are they recommendating surgery?
Garfield6369
Fibre Addict

Postby Crying in autumn » 11 Jan 2018, 20:31

Well not yet . I have an appoint tues with the surgeon .
Idk what he will recommend. Or what i should do .
The swelling is so bad . My poor family feels so bad bc of the pain i ball my eyes out when i use the washroom .
So im hoping he will suggest something
Crying in autumn
Fibre Addict

Postby helpy » 17 Jan 2018, 13:44

What stage of healing are you at now? I had anal skin tag removed the same day as you and thought healing was going well but now there is swollen red lump, it is painful to sit and the leakage has given me a rash :(
helpy

Postby Garfield6369 » 17 Jan 2018, 17:14

Hello.
I had a rough week! After I posted this, the pain begun.
I also had the skin tag removed.
Now - a week later, I am much better. No pain during the day and very minimal after BM.
I do not have much swelling but I bleed during BM. Not sure if this is normal, my doctor seems to think its ok.
Did you have LIS too? Or just tag removal?
Garfield6369
Fibre Addict

Postby Eiffel bum » 19 Jan 2018, 01:01

Hello Garfield I also underwent LIS and skin tag removal on the same day as yours after 3 days of surgery there was lot of pain after bM and mild pain for 1-2 hours today on my 9th day(first day after surgery) there was Little pain after bM so happy for that. I am also having bleeding but it was less today my CRS said it's normal. Hoping for better days ahead. My post op appointment is in 8 days may be doc gives some good news. Wish you well and hopefully we all recover soon and get back to normal life. Keep updating about the progress
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Garfield6369 » 19 Jan 2018, 17:18

O wow, I am 9 days post op too!
And i just had a pain free BM!!!
So happy!
Some blood still but no pain. My follow up app is Tuesday.
Let me know how you feel :)
Garfield6369
Fibre Addict

Postby Eiffel bum » 20 Jan 2018, 22:46

Glad to see you happy. I sure slowly with Time it will get even better. My only issue which is bothering me is that after bM there is lot of pain with burning sensation that was not their before LIS I guess may be it is the tag site. But the pain subsides quickly within a minute or two, that's a relief. There was pain yesterday but it is not there today. Sitz bath helps with it, thanks to that :p
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict