LIS 06/25/2020

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS 06/25/2020

Postby Paigey » 28 Jun 2020, 09:45

I had LIS this past Thursday and could not ask for a better experience so far. Aside from expected soreness I have felt great. Zero fissure pain since the morning of surgery. I went in unsure if I would receive botox or LIS. After examination while under anesthesia my CRS found 2 fissures and a very tight spincter muscle. He felt LIS was the best option for me.

A little history on me. I have been suffering on and off with fissures and spasms for about 2 years now. I actually went 5 months pain free though. Miralax and tons of water help me tremendously. Anytime I slack at all and have formed stool I have a retear. After a stressful couple of months and slacking slightly on my water intake for a few days I had a retear around the first of April. Despite all my efforts and even soft unformed stools which normally help me heal. I was still not healed and uncomfortable daily. Enough was enough and I opted for surgery.

I have a question for y'all should I continue with the soft unformed stools since that is was worked for me normally pre LIS at least until things are healed or should I try and have formed stools?
Paigey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LIS 06/25/2020

Postby phir91 » 04 Jul 2020, 12:42

I am not sure but my best guess is to keep them soft but as you heal slowly firm them up if that makes sense? Just not constipated I think! So don’t drastically reduce the softness... can I ask... did they administer antibiotics before/after LIS and was your fissure anterior... considering one myself!!
phir91

Topics: 1

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?