Fistulotomy

4 weeks post op

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Fistulotomy

Postby Lw87 » 07 Aug 2019, 21:54

Hooray! I finally got surgery for this awful fistula and it’s a great feeling knowing that the worst is behind me (pun intended). I’m 4 weeks post op and I guess everything is healing properly? I’ve started getting some stinging after bms, but I think it’s because that area is attempting to finally close up and the bm is preventing that from happening. Kind of like a fissure now, I suppose. Only a slight amount of drainage exists at this point, and I really only change my gauze once or twice a day now. Does the stinging pain sound familiar to anyone? I can’t WAIT for the day that I’m not in butt pain anymore. Stay strong, folks!
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Fistulotomy

Postby North West Jen » 15 Jan 2020, 23:44

It’s been several months since this post and hope that you are 100% healed up by now.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lw87 » 16 Jan 2020, 01:01

Hi, Jen. I appreciate you reaching out. The doctor declared me healed at 4 months, however the area still feels a little weird. I still get some scar irritation and dull aches, but I’m hoping it all goes away by summer. I live in the PNW (I assume you do, too?), and I can’t let those precious months slip away from me! Are you currently recovering from an operation?
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Postby North West Jen » 16 Jan 2020, 09:18

I do! I live in Oregon. I’m scheduled for LIS and fissurectomy on the 27th in Portland.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby Lw87 » 16 Jan 2020, 19:32

I know you’ll get through it. There’s a very good support group on Facebook with a lot of good information. “Hemorrhoid / Fissure Support Group”. Best of luck!
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Postby North West Jen » 28 Jan 2020, 00:16

Thank you for the FB suggestion. I’ll check it out!
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby Milkyway » 13 Sep 2020, 18:59

I had a simple low fistulotomy 2 months ago, but my wound is still open and drainage still happens.
Constant "heaviness" feeling in the anal area. Is this normal?

How do people heal up in just few weeks? Does this require 1 year or multiple years to heal?
Milkyway

Postby North West Jen » 15 Sep 2020, 00:36

I had LIS and Fistula surgery in January 2020 and I’m still healing, no more draining but just overall soreness/itchiness, so wondering the same thing and a little down about it. I’m not sure how much time to give it before going back to the dr. 1 year?
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby brent1981 » 03 Jul 2021, 19:40

Great post. I hope you had a positive experience. I just got my fistulotomy five days ago and have been mentally happy about it and physically similar, but I can tell I am healing and draining. It's a long road to recovery by the looks of things, but hey, I am just happy to be going the right path... towards healing, and away from the horror of a fistula that we all hate so much!
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?