Muscle pain only by fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Muscle pain only by fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 25 Jul 2013, 17:51

So a quick question to those who have spams and pain. The pain I have is mostly from muslce. I can feel the burn and cut sometimes but the worst is from the muscle. But my whole sphincter doesn't hurt just he muscle by the fissure. Is this how most others are or does your whole muscle hurt? Even gas makes that muscle angry and sore. Thanks if u reply:dunno: 
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Muscle pain only by fissure

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 26 Jul 2013, 05:39

Yes, I think what you are describing is what I feel as well !
I get this dull, numbing like, pricking pain in the right side of my bum. I have a sentinel pile so I don't know if that makes it worse too. And yes, passing gas makes it is very angry !Image 
I don't have the spasms as of lately but when I did, I couldn't really get out of bed it hurt that bad. Hot baths really helped & ofcourse my rx cream calmed it down as well.
Does sitting seem to make it worse for you ? I find it does for me.
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854

Postby hopefulbutt » 26 Jul 2013, 06:43

Thanks for the reply sweet pea. I'm not sure if sitting makes it worse. I know lying down is the best for me. In the morning when I get out of bed I feel good for about those first 5 minutes lol. After that its downhill. Even with botox and my rx it still feels sore. I take gas x sometimes to try and prevent it but dang! The less I focus on it the better I do but it can consume my thoughts and make me miserable sometimes. Yes heating pad and hot baths both help it. How are u doing sweat pea? Making any progress? I try and gauge myself month to month now.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 26 Jul 2013, 09:48

Hi every one..I kinda get a low muscle throb, (lower butt cheeks).
like I have been doing far too many stretches/lunges..lol.
I love my heating pad, if that's not around then my cat always curls up to my butt, and she is soo warm.Image 
Please take care everyone.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 26 Jul 2013, 10:51

hopefulbutt I hear on the lying down part. I feel awesome when I wake up in the morning, then like you said 5 minutes and it all goes downhill ! I keep on repeating "this too shall pass" over & over. I am doing ok, hanging in there. I think my progress is minimal, it is hard to really gauge it. Right now I am day to day. I am keeping a journal with what I am doing/feeling/pain etc.. so hopefully I can look back and see what changed & maybe one day soon see a some major progress. I like your profile pic. Hang in there !! ((Hugs))
Please go-away!...oh how I was I had to cat to keep my hiney warm ! Guess I will settle for the old heating pad in the mean time. Take care of yourself !
Deleted User 2854

Postby marg6043 » 26 Jul 2013, 12:33

hopefulbutt, spams can be very intense when the fissure is fresh and active, some people feel the pain different and it progress into stages as it starts to heal.
I used to feel pain in my entire anal and vaginal region when having spams, mine lasted day and night, I spend many nights just crying in pain because it was not position I could lie to find relief.
But something that help me with the pain was massaging the area where the pain was the worst, usually next to the skin tag where the fissure is located, also I used to do pelvic floor exercises to keep the bladder strong but I found out that doing the opposite rather than holding the muscle but trying to release the muscle like going into a BM did wonders for me and finally I was able to sleep at night again.
Some people will seat on a heating pad to help release the muscle also when is too tight
Is a lot of trial and error while dealing with a fissure as not every one feel the same, (beside the agonizing pain of the spams), because we all experience pain different.
You can try either massaging the area gently or doing pelvis floor exercises and see if it works for you.
I hope things get better for you.Image 
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby hopefulbutt » 30 Jul 2013, 09:44

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am six weeks in to second round of botox and still using diltiazam. I am still really tight some days and cannot even pass gas. Some days it is more relaxed. Once I actually felt very relaxed down there (for about an hour) and it was wonderful. My sure how to get that all the time. Still having small soft bms Wondering what will happen when botox wears off. I have tried massage and seems to make the muscle feel even worse but the heating pad helps a lot.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist