Constant muscle spasms, but no more fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Constant muscle spasms, but no more fissure

Postby fissunsure » 16 May 2014, 00:37

My fissure journey started in December when I was having severe pain (6-7) and had no idea how to actually handle fissures.

Since then I've taken lots of advice from this forum, such as Miralax daily, along with fiber (psyllium) and magnesium supplement. I was also on Diltiazem for about two months. I've seen a CRS twice now, and they have concluded that my fissure is healed.

But one big problem remains -- I am having muscle spasm pain through out the day, every day. It's not as bad as fissure pain, maybe 3-4, but enough to be very uncomfortable. It's worst when sitting. It also gets bad when I need to have a BM -- something about the extra "pressure" seems to set it off. Has anyone here had this problem?

My CRS said this can happen after a fissure, and should try to relax when going. Also, she's referred me to another doctor that does Botox injection, but said that she doesn't do them herself because of the low success rate. The referral says "botox injection for levator spasm". Anyone here have good luck with Botox following spasms around the sphincter?
fissunsure

Topics: 1

Re: Constant muscle spasms, but no more fissure

Postby Apes » 16 May 2014, 06:23

I'm on my 12th day of Botox and suffer from a fissure that causes extreme spasm, levator. I am seeing slow progress but the key is to keep my BMS soft. When I spasm it runs from my tailbone to testi. The success rates for Botox are for healing a fissure not for calming a spasm. The process of Botox is to calm spasm so fissure can heal, that doesn't seem to be your issue. As I have stated before success rates are between 60-90 percent, and believe it depends on the person and where and how much Botox is given. I think you should talk with the crs about why you are still having spasm if the fissure has healed. Are your BMS soft?
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17