4 days post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 days post op

Postby val » 15 Jan 2008, 15:50

I thought it would be nice to have some fresh air today-yes even in 70 mph winds! but was only in a shop for five minutes and nearly fainted! Spent the rest of the day back on the sofa, feeling strange and lightheaded.
Its dissappointing to think your feeling better and then discover that your far from it!
About how long does it take to feel anywhere near normal?
Its also really strange-for nearly 8 months since having this fissure, I have stuck religiously to the diet, never cheating, now suddenly, I keep fancying strange things that I dont even like. Its like being pregnant-hahaha Image theres NO chance of that!!
Has that happened to anyone? And is it so important now to stick to the diet, or can I relax it a little?
Thanks! :D
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: 4 days post op

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Jan 2008, 19:08

Dear Val : ))) !!!
You are such a darling, I don't know what to say XXX ! There is so much innocence in you, bless your heart : ) ! You just went through MAJOR surgery and expect after 4 days (not to mention 8 months of utter anguish and suffering) to just frolic around "and chase butterflies" , oh my, stay that way - PLEASE !!!
Yes, I think it is completely normal to feel tiered and to want some food that was so far away from your reach before - it only says that you are human - sorry to brake the news LOL : )))) !!!!
I think that you can try to include some new stuff in your diet but do that gradually , you dont want to risk constipation or diarrhea either just 4 days after they cut your little bum ; )) ! Small bite here and there want hurt unti you see how you react. I was able to eat everything just because I never had tendency to get constipated - you know me ... having to go 5x a day just because of little MOM and mineral oil ?!?!!!! So, please be careful, your recovery is going wonderfully, be patient just for a couple more weeks and you will be able to do so much stuff and eat almost everything : ))) !
Take care my friend and I am soooooo happy to see your amazing progress, you have no idea : ))))))))))))) !!!!!!!!
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jan 2008, 19:44

I avoided cars as much as possible the first week. All that rattling around is not good!
4 days is not nearly long enough to start getting back into any kind of "normative" behavior!!
How long does it take to feel normal? We have done polls here and most agree it will be a full month before you feel like your old self.
I resigned myself the first week to rest, but it sure doesn't hurt to push yourself a bit more each and every day, you'll get back to "normal" sooner!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 16 Jan 2008, 07:01

Thanks Fiss, my husband actually is always saying I live in my own little pink, fluffy world with fluffy clouds and butterflies, now I'm wondering if hes right!
Kim, your comment about cars has cracked me up-and it hurts to laugh! Were you meaning to be funny-as in avoid cars for a long time because they hurt when they hit you...hmmmm?
val
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jan 2008, 11:04

It's good hear you're feeling better than on that first day, and that you want to get out. 4 days is definitely not enough to feel norma yet, but it is good to get out. i mentioned I went whale watching on day 4. That's pretty much all I did that day and it didn't require much walking. I would never have made it through a day of shopping.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2008, 13:50

I think the anaesthetic can make you feel yukky for some time as well.
Apparently it can take up to a month to get completely out of your system.
No sure about the strange cravings hehe :)
The wind has died down here, but it's been miserable all day, hope you're not in one of the flood alert areas :(
Hope you keep on feeling better :)

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2008, 21:34

Stick to the diet! Don't do what I did. My husband made chocolate chip cookies for the kids while I was still camped out on the couch on day 8, and I had two - and paid for it later. I still notice if I don't get enough veggies and water. Don't push it too fast. I think I came back to work full time too soon, but once I did, it was like no turning back-- way too much to do! I figure I will work through lunch and leave 1 1/2 hours early, just to get a couple hours of lying down, channel surfing on the TV.
Now is the time to really take care of yourself and go slow. When you say you had "butt surgery" you tend to get more sympathy! I used to be embarrassed,but everyone has a butt, and the looks people give me when I explain what LIS is is priceless! Hey, if I had to have it, I am gonna get some milage out of it.
And keep up with your sitz baths! I call my 1/2 bath the lounge: I have a book, a portable TV and my cordless phone and I am good to go for the next 1/2 hour. That is the only time I ever get "me time!"

Postby val » 18 Jan 2008, 05:58

thanks, Helen, no we're not in the flood area, we're in Essex. Are you in a risk area? I hope not!
Thanks Caroline-I have been bad and had some smarties-I REALLY had to!! I haven't had anything naughty to eat in 8 months and they just called to me! I'm trying to keep on track though! How is yours today, are you feeling better every day?
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2008, 09:59

Hey Val,
Just wanted to pop on and see how you were doing? Can't believe it has been a week so far. Thank you so much for the messages of hope and encouragement you sent. That means so much to me.

Where are things now for you?

I have had a rough week which was to be expected. I went from sulfuric acid type poos to constipation and back. My body is so out of whack. I rebelled and didn't eat my All Bran Buds one day and got into a mess. I just want to eat some real people food. I did have a cheese tortilla last night. My first in over a year. I figured it couldn't get any worse so why not.

I am still bleeding and soaking in the tub and taking pain meds. But I did manage to get in the shower yesterday and wash my hair (first time in a week).

The doctor said it takes about 2 weeks for the sun to come out after this procedure so I am about half way there. I am so glad that you got through yours okay. Have you noticed a difference in your bms? Are you swollen from the surgery. My bottom was so swollen that I wasn't even sure if I could go to the bathroom.

Thanks again for being such a sweetheart.

Love you!

:krusty: I put Krusty up from the Simpsons on the smilies for your son. Didn't know if he liked that character at all.

Postby val » 18 Jan 2008, 16:05

Lecia,
I'm soooo glad you're back! And you're ok..well getting there-it sounds absolutely horrific what you had to go through, but how wonderful that you're on the mend, being able to shower is a HUGE improvement :D :D -things have gotta get better now, I know it! And I bet your cheese tortilla tasted soooo good! I had smarties, and they were like the best thing I'd ever tasted, ever! Image Image
I cant beleive how wonderful my butt feels now. The first two days, I had never ever felt as much pain in my life, not even when I first had the fissure. I couldn't walk or move-it was dreadful, but slowly it got better and I did 2 hours of ironing!
I cringe every BM, but it doesn't hurt at all, its just my brain cant take it in because of all the months when it did hurt! I dont think its swollen, it doesnt feel like it anyway, its great. I really really hope that yours feels that way soon- you so deserve to have your life back.
The time will go really quickly, and I'm sure the sun will shine again very soon for you-the worst is over, its uphill all the way now!
love you too!
:krusty:
Thank you for Krusty, yes, he DOES like him, he's Simpsons mad,
everything has to be Simpsons!
val
King Fissure