1 week after sphincterotomy/fistulotomy

Consultation...

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

1 week after sphincterotomy/fistulotomy

Postby jp617 » 24 Oct 2015, 01:38

My surgery was 7 days ago and it still looks like if I'd have 3 hemorrhoids that I never had before. It looks so ugly. Pain is minimal and manageable. I only take 10mg of Oxycodone once daily. Stool passing is painful at the beginning and then diminishes. There is just a thin line of bright blood, but not all the times. Today I started feeling an intermittent knife pain. I don't know if that's a sign of healing. Still have to use pads because there is a yellowish discharge. Am I healing well? When can I expect an improvement in inflammation?
jp617

Topics: 1

Re: 1 week after sphincterotomy/fistulotomy

Postby Savaici » 28 Oct 2015, 07:17

Hope all is healing for you, now you are further on. Let us know how you're doing!

Good luck :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jp617 » 29 Oct 2015, 01:11

Inflammation has improved a lot, but there are still two skin tags that look like hemorrhoids. I had a skin tag prior to surgery and it was supposed to be removed. So I'm wondering if that skin tag was really removed or not and how come I have a second tag that wasn't there before. I wish I could post photos here.
jp617

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 29 Oct 2015, 08:27

I had one skin tag before surgery and four afterward. The doctor said that this was normal, and according to many forum members, surgery produces more tags. Mine shrunk somewhat for the first 6 - 8 weeks, but my CRS said that they won't shrink anymore than they already have. They will be with me forever, but to me, that is a very small price to pay for getting my life back and no longer suffering from the fissure pain.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19