24 hours post surgery, Ouch

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

24 hours post surgery, Ouch

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 05:22

Woke up this AM, Behind is really sore-throbbing. Different kind of pain than the spasms though. While there is pain it is not as sharp as the spasms. I think it is just from the trauma of the surgery.
I have passed a fair bit of gas beginning late yesterday and in to the evening as well as this morning. Have not soiled the pad , other than blood.
Still apprehensive about BM !
God Bless All!!

Re: 24 hours post surgery, Ouch

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 06:20

Yeah, that sounds pretty normal. You often feel worse than the day of the surgery as you are healing and the pain meds get out of their system and the real trauma of the surgery sets in!
Most people feel oddly pretty good the day of surgery due to adequate pain control and just the relief of having it over but it will take some time for that body to get over the surgery but I think you will be happy with the results!
There will be some ups and downs but steady improvement. Just don't overdo anything and keep up with your bath and fiber regimen!
L.

Re: 24 hours post surgery, Ouch

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 May 2007, 06:26

Do let us know how that first BM goes. Its a milestone, and for most, it's no sweat.
I will away from my computer this weekend for the most part, MB, so I won't be able to keep tabs, but I'll have you in mind for a good recovery. And so far everything sounds typical.
Continued good luck in your healing!
Kim
Deleted User 5