2nd LIS...unsuccessful

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2nd LIS...unsuccessful

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 15:38

Hi Everyone.....I'm back! Hope you are all doing better than I am. Got a clean bill of health on May 8th - fissure was gone, incision healed and I was sent on my merry way. Last Saturday, went to the bathroom and low and behold it did not feel good. Had bleeding 2 days later, which stopped, however the pain has not. I can't believe that the fissure is back! My doc put me back on nifedipine, but that has not done anything. So, I'm off to NYC again tomorrow more discouraged than ever! I have no clue what the next step will be. A 3rd spincterotomy?? Is anyone out there on a 3rd? God help me!!!

Re: 2nd LIS...unsuccessful

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jun 2008, 15:46

Hi Nancy,
what awful news!! I hope your doc can do something. do you know what is causing th retears?? Is the problem the tightness?? I had a setback last week, right in the same place as the fissure. I'm not quite healed yet, 12 weeks after LIS, but I'm getting there. The area is just so stinkin fragile....
i hope you feel better soon and that your doc is able to do something for you. Perhaps this would be a goodtime for BOTOX????
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2008, 16:05

You're back???? Well then....
:`~: Image
Sorry you have to deal with such a setback on such a happy day! I think Juney may have had two unsuccessful LIS procedures, I don't think I know of anyone who had three, though...
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 02 Jun 2008, 16:21

Oh Nancy! I am so sorry! :*8*: I think BG is on to something - mention botox to your doctor tomorrow. Also, have you ever had any spasms? I don't think Juney ever had spasms and LIS did not work for her.
What caused the retare? Was it a hard BM? Kim had LIS and has stated in the past that he occasionally gets some bleeding, but lives a pain free life for the mostpart.
Let us know what happens tomorrow Nancy!
Jen :elmo:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 17:27

I am sorry, nancy. But I don't think we should jump to conclusions. It is quite possible that you haven't retorn anything. It might be unrelated or just a fluke. Let's see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, BTW! :tinky:

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 17:44

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes....whoopeee!!

Nothing out of the ordinary caused the re-tear, that's what is sooo frustrating. Everything is coming out soft and I'm still having issues. When I was last checked, the doc said the resting pressure was much better, but still not completely normal. If he suggests a 3rd LIS - I will most likely go for it. Either that or inquire about the advancement flap surgery. Seems like moving new skin over the existing fissure might solve the problem? And, as for botox - I had that (along with a debridement of the fissure - it was the worst pain I have ever felt). It didn't do anything for me either. All I can do is wait until tomorrow and see what he says, I guess. This Sucks!!

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 18:07

Nancy,
Sorry you are in pain.
Good luck tomorrow.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 18:20

Nancy,
Sorry to hear about your pain. Wait until you get to the doctor to see what he says. Don't get down. We are all here for you. I know it can be frustrating I am on my third shot of Botox. Let us kno0w what happens.
Oh yah HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Image Image :`~:
Take Care ,
Patty

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 19:29

Thanks everyone - will fill you in after my appointment tomorrow!!

Have a good night!

Postby lars » 03 Jun 2008, 06:01

Hello nancy
That is such a bummer. I really can feel your pain. :( Did you not have any pain/discomfort when the fissure where healed? If the CRS says that another LIS is needed I would definitly do it. Keep us posted.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5