2nd round of Botox and skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2nd round of Botox and skin tag removal

Postby Daisy1026 » 19 May 2011, 19:36

Hi all,
I had my second round of Botox shots 4 weeks ago and also had three skin tags removed. I have been up and down having good days and bad days from the pain levels but overall I think it is definately better than the first round.
I went for my follow up with my CRS yesterday and to my surprise he told me my fissure is almost completely healed up and the pain I am experiencing is more than likely from the skin tag excision sites as I have three sores from that. So good news and bad news there!
My question for anyone who has had skin tags removed is how to heal these suckers as the pain is just as bad as fissure pain..
My CRS told me they should heal up quickly so he said more salt baths, keep going with rectogesic and diet, lactulose ect...
He said he thinks we've got it this time and to back in two months if not anybetter then we go for plan C which is LIS.. I'm happy I've managed to almost heal the fissure but the skin tag sores are just as painful and they tend to bleed also do any advice would be greatly appreciated.. :-)
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: 2nd round of Botox and skin tag removal

Postby Deleted User 579 » 20 May 2011, 08:19

Hi Daisy - congratulations on almost healing the evil fissure! That is great news!!
Skin tag excisions can, unfortunately, take quite a while to heal. Those of us who have had it generally find that it can take longer for the skin tag to heal than the fissure (or they are at least very close). Happyass reported that it took 2-3 months for his to heal up completely, and Frustrated was also having some trouble with hers, but I think she's doing better now about a month out or so. It is difficult to determine how mine are going because the fissure is still in the early healing stages and so the pain seems to radiate all over the area. Happyass managed to find some cream that helped with the final healing of the skin tag site, but it sounds like that is pretty difficult to find (sufrexal, I think it was called).
It seems that most of the healing happens with time, baths, keeping stools very soft and keeping the area very clean. I'm sorry I can't offer a magic solution - I wish I could! I've used Ibuprofen for pain management (but this is a blood thinner, so be prepared for a bit more blood on the TP). I also use Robaxecet (a muscle relaxant), which helps too. Tylenol might be effective for the pain, and it is not a blood thinner - just avoid the kind with codeine because that will likely constipate. Otherwise you might ask your doctor for something for the pain. I know how you feel being in pain. I am not nearly as bad as I was pre-LIS, but I'm still experiencing sharp pains here and there and it sure does suck!
The good news is that most folks here are very happy once the skin tag heals - so hang in there, you have a nice happy butt to look forward to!
I really hope you are feeling better and are pain-free very soon.
Deleted User 579

Postby Daisy1026 » 21 May 2011, 01:13

Thanks for the info Hope! I have read the older posts and think I just need to up my baths TBH I stopped having them a week after my Botox as I was feeling ok.. I have plenty of different pain meds all the strong ones make me buzz a bit to much so I stick to ibuprofen... Interesting I did bit know it thinned the blood-I don't get that much blood on to but I do get light spotting.
Positive thinking this time round has definately helped my first round of Botox did not really do alot so good to know I've got the main sucker closed up. I figured it could take a few months to heal these excision sites but it would be great if there was a magic cream hey!!
I'm in Australia so not sure I can get that sufrexal stuff here boo- I have read on here about some aloe Vera helping so I have been to get some and will give that a whirl to see how it goes..
Here's to pain free butt days aye Image
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Elphie » 21 May 2011, 09:58

The key ingredient in sufrexal is ketanserin, it's a wound healer, commonly used for horses, I got mine from Mexico and Belize but I've since learned I could have gotten it from a vet! Ask your pharmacist or local horse whisperer if they can get it for you, or if you know anyone who Lives in a Latin country. I should've gotten more I could be shipping to you all! When my mom comes home from Mexico in early July, if anyone still needs it I'll get her to bring a few tubes, it's expensive to ship from Mexico but not from here. It costs $50 cdn and there's enuf in the 78g tube to last a long time. It really helps, I was using it for only 9 days when I went for my follow up and the doc couldn't find the scar! Said if he hadn't cut me himself he'd never know I had surgery! Hope you r at least having a good butt day today, it's a beautiful summery day here...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10