3 days post lis and skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 days post lis and skin tag removal

Postby ryrylou » 10 Dec 2012, 20:08

I'm 4 days post LIS, and doing well. It seems to get a little better every day. I had my first mostly painless BM today. I was looking up and thanking God for that!
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sorew5 » 19 Dec 2012, 06:11

Update. A month and 2 days post op.
So last week I was having terrible pains during and after bm and was back on painkillers.
This week since sunday I have been fine. I still get slight pain during bm but really minimal. Not much pain after maybe stinging for ten mins but that is all and definitely no need for painkillers yay!
Anyway i went back to my doctor today (who referred me to surgeon originally). She was sorry my recovery was so slow. She says my main problem is bruising and the lump caused by the local hitting the blood vessel. So basically if it wasn't for that I would be fine by now!
Her advice:- use rectogesic once or twice a day. Stick to my fibre in the mornings and take lactulose at 15 mls per day (at night) until about march to keep bm's soft. She said this is super important in healing process. She said I can take arnica to help with the bruising.
She thought the op wound had healed completely and only the bruising and small lump remained. She was positive I would have recovered by march and that I would be glad I had the op.
I will update again after Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby suzyljank » 19 Dec 2012, 08:19

Hi, I just used arnica tablets pre and post surgery for bone grafting and it really helped with the swelling and bruising. I still had some swelling but the bruising only lasted one day. The arnica can also make your bms soft so that was an added bonus. They also make arnica gel that's supposed to be good for hemmies and fissures but I haven't tried it yet.
Hope you continue to heal Merry Christmas Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Sorew5 » 04 Jan 2013, 03:39

Thanks Suzy!
So I am 7 weeks post op today :-)
Haven't had any issues since the last post! The lump has gone and I don't have pain during or after bm anymore. Really happy with progress! Finally feel happy that I had the op.
I still feel irritation occasionally but not very often. I continue to take 10ml of lactulose every morning and think it really helps. Also never miss my morning bran flakes!
Happy new year everyone!!
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2