4 days post LIS question!?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 days post LIS question!?

Postby Jordydc5 » 07 Jul 2019, 20:36

hey everyone. i had LIS done 4 days ago, and also had one of the fissures scar tissue cleaned up, and a stitch put in somewhere ( i guess where they removed scar tissue?) my question is, with the incision, is it meant to look like a big gaping wound? i know it is left open after surgery and its meant to slowly heal up on its own, but when i look down there with a mirror it looks more like a gaping hole than an incision? its still leaking yellowing discharge, which doesnt smell or anything, but it also bleeds after a bm and causes about 30min of pain? today does seem better than uesterday slightly, but it looks very swollen, almost like 2 or 3 large hemorrhoids on the incision side, and that gaping wound is scaring me lol. Is it meant to look like a gaping hole?
and also, i can still feel my fissure when i poop aswell, it isnt no where near as bad as before and the pain doesnt linger, but the fissure is still there. how long before this all heals up? im trying to get off the painkillers because no matter how much movicol i take with them, my poos still end up half watery and half dry and hard which isnt helping. thanks
Jordydc5

Topics: 2

Re: 4 days post LIS question!?

Postby Jimoffy » 08 Jul 2019, 07:22

Feeling sort of better at the moment but hoping tomorrow’s bm is easier.
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?