5 Days Post Op LIS/Skin Tag Removal

Not Sure If It Worked

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 Days Post Op LIS/Skin Tag Removal

Postby buttproblemz » 15 Jul 2015, 18:30

So I'm day 5 post lis/fissurectomy. I had reservation before having the procedure which can be read in more detail here: http://anal-fissure.org/need-advice-t9697.html. Overall, the procedure and recovery have been a breeze. Today, I'm finally to able to sit again without much pain or discomfort.

I just had my 4th bm. The first one took 2 days and I have since been having 1 per day around the same time each day. The first 3 were followed by a wave of intense burning, which were reminiscent of my early days with the fissure. It took about 8 weeks of trying to heal naturally for me to finally not have that problem anymore. Just like those early days, I immediately followed all 3 bms with a 25 min warm bath. Then of course I experienced some tightening and a heightened sense of soreness for several hours. Today, I'm happy to report that my bm was accompanied by zero burning. However, I am still experiencing the heightened sense of soreness which feels identical to my post bm problem prior to my surgery 5 days ago.

I fully understand that it's still super early. But I'm just concerned that with all the pain and soreness gone from the procedure, I'm still left with the same familiar feeling that all know all too well. Can anyone relate to my experience?

Thank you

**I just want to make an addendum to this as I only made this post a couple of hours ago. Right now, I'm actually alittle suspicious as to whether or not my CRS actually did what he claimed. First, I want to note that the first thing I was surprised about the day of the surgery was that there was not one drop of blood anywhere on my bandages (after I removed them.) There was even a tightly-rolled piece of gauze stuffed snugly between my cheeks and nothing on that either. I was expecting my first bm to produce an unsightly amount of blood and I was shocked to see that there was only a spot on the toilet paper when I wiped (no more or less than I've seen after a bm pre-surgery.) The other 3 bms I've had since have not shown a drop. Now since I made the above post, I decided I was curious as to what the area looked like. I took a hand mirror and was pretty shocked at what I saw... He (my CRS) told me that there were stitches from the removal of my sentinel pile - I could not see any stitches and I saw the same skin tag right above the opening of my anus. Am I crazy? I thought that was my sentinel pile? Am I wrong and it's actually something that's inside and not on the outside? WTF is going on????
buttproblemz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: 5 Days Post Op LIS/Skin Tag Removal

Postby msimon » 16 Jul 2015, 02:51

When do you have a follow up with your CRS? Would you be able to call and ask some of your questions? Often with surgery down there they will cauterize the wound and this will greatly diminish bleeding. I bled very little with my procedures but had quite a bit of oozing (serrous fluid, which is yellowish). I had a lot of swelling down there initially and my stitches could barely be seen because of this. Try not to worry too much. It does take some time for that burning to go away. Many on here have said the first week is the worst but by the end of the second week things have really turned around.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby buttproblemz » 16 Jul 2015, 10:15

Yeah, I don't have any bleeding or oozing. Initially, I was happy about this. But now I feel exactly as I did right before the procedure. That and my skin tag looks exactly the same as it did. My last bm too had no burning, but then 30-60 min afterwards I had tightening (same level prior to surgery) and I'm starting to have some crazy thoughts stirring... is it possible I got ripped off and the CRS didn't actually do anything? All I can do now is be patient and wait for that 4 week follow up. But after 4 weeks, if I don't feel any different I'm definitely going to find a new CRS!
buttproblemz
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 16 Jul 2015, 10:52

I haven't heard of that yet but I guess you never know. I sure hope not! Are you in the U.S?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby buttproblemz » 16 Jul 2015, 20:21

I am in the US. The more I think about it, the more crazy it sounds. It's just that seeing the area in the mirror and noticing the skin tag still there and no sign of stitches just put all kinds of crazy thoughts into my head. I've had this thing for 7 months and I just want it to be over already. I was hoping that by taking the plunge and going for the "gold standard" of procedures for this condition that I would notice an immediate difference. It's just so hard to believe that 6 days post op now I can't tell one bit of difference between post bms now and post bms before the surgery. All I can do is give it more time I guess. Uggghh!
buttproblemz
Fibre Addict