A personal THANK YOU

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

A personal THANK YOU

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2010, 17:04

The Anal Fissure board is fast approaching its fourth year of public service! Hard to believe it was November of 2006 when Cheryl from down under founded this board (with a little technical help from her hubby) and I got to be the very first "victim!"
This board has seen hundreds of AF suffers finally find real answers to what is, for the most part, a very difficult-to-understand, extremely painful and often debilitating "injury." But most of all, the board has managed to live up to its name -- thanks to many, many good people, there has been TONS of support here. I just wanted to personally thank a few people I think have gone above and beyond the call of duty in offering their time and energy to this board, these people truely made this board what it is, gone and healed though many of them may be...
Of course, the original Cheryl who founded the board -- Cheryl, maybe your a real mom by now...hope your bulldog "babies" are doing well!
CherylK, now here's a lassie who gives of herself for so many causes and still has time to administer this board. Thank you so very much, Cheryl, for standing by and seeing this board through "rough" times when life called so many of us (myself included) away from the AFSF.
How long has it been now, two long years?? :) The list of people you've supported is a looooooong one. Good job, madam...YOU ROCK!!
Happyass, who baby-sat me through my own surgery and gave me the biggest boost of support imaginable in my "darkest hour." Gareth has done the same for many, many other AF sufferers and still sticks his head in the door from time to time...Hope all is well on the "new" job!
Lecia, who despite being in almost constant pain herself, administered the board and on an almost daily basis for two years was here for complete strangers with awesome support and uncannily insightful advice. I pray she is pain-free and happy and life is giving her everything she wants. She certainly deserves it and is missed.
Fissulyna, never at a loss for the right word -- (sometimes lost in translation!) -- and never afraid to do the down and dirty research for total strangers. Fissulyna embodies the Spirit of Empathy and Compassion, matched with a keen intellect and a long history of experience with pain (dammit) -- fun-loving and fancy-free, she is the gem among gems and has truely touched everyone she has helped! WOW!
Tabby, Val, Corsi, Buttgirl, NG, Jo -- so MANY who gave and gave and gave..and still keep on giving.
Lars, Derryboy, and Juney -- STILL (but maybe not) looking for answers but also giving great advice and support, you all rock!
Eric, Sidra, Suzyljank, Del -- YOU guys have given some great information based on your own experiences, sometimes thinking way outside the box!
I cannot possibly remember everyone, but the purpose of my gushing is to show that, as the board ages, it has demonstrated and amazing quality of selflessness in people that truly amazes me!!
Thank you all!
:)
Deleted User 5

Re: A personal THANK YOU

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Jun 2010, 17:20

Let's not forget yourself, Kim, in the list of people that deserve a huge THANKS! You were the guy who responded to most of my whining when I first showed up as a newbie in Fissure Hell. I didn't know you were victim #0 though :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2010, 17:29

It was kinda scary, other than some introductory posts from Cheryl, all the parts of the board were empty -- I guess the real scary part is I am still here! :)
Ah, NG, I matched you whine for whine when my butt was at its worse, buddy!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2010, 17:38

Kim,
And your tech expertise is sooooo good with lots of neat board themes! Image
Now you have another tech smart admin bud. Image
I stay on the board in order to be able to advertise my causes!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2010, 17:45

cherylk wrote:Kim,
And your tech expertise is sooooo good with lots of neat board themes! Image
Now you have another tech smart admin bud. Image
I stay on the board in order to be able to advertise my causes!! Image

You're nothing if not honest, Cheryl! Image Oh, well, now I am re-using themes, they are all set and ready to go. BTW, I think NG is the REAL techie here...if we had some real cash, I bet we could get him to make this place look world-class!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2010, 19:26

Hey Kim, if you "re-use," most people here are new and won't know the difference!!!!!
When our upcoming CCFA walk is over (after June 26), I'll be changing my avatar to prove that I'm not just here to "advertise"!!! Image
I'm going to send you a PM soon!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jun 2010, 04:38

OK, Cheryl, I'll be looking for it! :)
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Jun 2010, 02:20

Oh Gosh, I just found this : )))) !!!!!
Well...I am really honored to be mentioned and of course touched deeply with the most wonderful things said bout "moa" LMAO !!!! I am blushing now ...really bud... you are too kind indeed : ))))) !!!!
Thanks Kim buddy for keeping this thing together and making it running smoothly!!! Without that all "good will" would never find the way to ones that need it so desperately and NOW Image
Thanks for all the hard work, all comforting words , all advices given and all the fun time you provided for us all for such a looong, loooong time and still doing it Image Image Image
Your presence is always felt and appreciated and it is extremely comforting to know that you watch over us , in good times as well as in bad Image
There is a saying in my old country that : "Quiet water moves the mountains" and you are the epitome of that in so many ways Image
In that name "CHEERS" : ))) dear buddy- so much was accomplished, so many tears wiped away and sparks of hope ignited when they were lost . For every smile I might ever put on anybody's face , I feel truly blessed for what else is left in this hoorid world but to be there for each other in the time of need.
So, thanks again for providing that opportunity for me and others Image and for still being here as a steady and gentle hand leading us and encouraging always to never give up !!!!!
Hopefully, AFSF will exist forever LOL, and next generations will hopefully laugh at our archaic and barbaric healing methods Image and have their butts "sealed" with "bio-glues" and "stem-cell" flaps Image , but still - support and encouragement could never be replaced by "innovations". Love and caring poured out of the heart will always be a necessary part of a human healing and so this place will never loose its higher purpose Image
LOVE TO ALLLL - present, past and future members Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jun 2010, 05:54

Why thank you, Fissy! Once again, well said, as always! I do hope the board lasts forever and also the friendships made here! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 08 Jun 2010, 11:31

thank you kim :) this board has "saved" me so many times over the past 3 years. and even though i don't show up much anymore i still appreciate all the support and encouragement and think of everyone often. knowing we're all in this together really helps on the darkest days Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36