acupuncturist?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

acupuncturist?

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2008, 14:40

i am trying everything short of surgery to get rid of this $^I$%I$ thing. (sorry, having a very painful day today)....
i made an appt. to see an acupuncturist in 2 weeks. she said she has treated fissures successfully before. i have also heard of a chinese medicine called Yin-Care that acupuncturists prescribe.
has anyone tried an acupuncturist OR Yin-Care? any success?

Re: acupuncturist?

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2008, 15:01

I think there are a few here that have tried TCM for rectal conditions. Hopefully they will be by soon. I have tried accupuncture for rectal pain and it seemed to help with pain but I don't know that it is healing.

I take a chinese herbal blend that is supposed to be good for hemorrhoids. I think it helped but after 5 years (since I was pregnant) of trying everything else I am getting surgery.

Try to keep your bms as soft as you can. I think with the pelvic congestion and contractions from your uterus going back to normal can give you rectal spasms and pain too. My MIL had a fissure from delivery and healed on its own but she still talks about how painful it was. My husband's grandmother also had one and she said it was miserable. She ended up needing surgery.

Anyway, to stay on topic here, I think it is worth a shot to try. :momsling:

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 16:23

I have found it very helpful. It hasn't really sped the healing, but it has made me much more comfortable. Every treatment helps notably with the pain and keeps the pain at bay for about a week. I can only manage to pay to go once every 2 weeks though.
My dr has also prescribed herbal blends that are helping me with digestion and with keeping blood flowing to my rectal area. One of the blends stung a bit coming out, so we changed it, and replaced it with one that is to increase bllod flow and healing in the rectal area.
I happily go back again and again and have since early November.
If you go, I would be interested to know what your TCM does for fissures. My treatments are for everything in the rear area since I am having problems with my tailbone and digestion as well, so I am interested in what fissure-concentrated treatment is like.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 08 Jan 2008, 10:52

buttgirl- I will let you know what she does. I am really interested in trying the yin-care, so I will see if she can get it for me. I am prob. not going to be able to afford it long term either, as it is $75 each visit and $150 for the first. I've never been to an acupunctorist before and I have some needle anxiety, so this should be interesting!

Postby buttgirl » 08 Jan 2008, 11:43

The needles don't hurt at all, which I found amazing. I too have anxiety--I am know to pass out while having blood drawn, but these didn't hurt at all.
Basically, I just laie down and the dr puts nedles in my feet, ankles, calfs, hands, forearms, ears, and the top of my head. Some of these areas are for diegestion. Others are for my rear and for pain relief. I thik the tops of the head spots are suppposed to be for endorphin release. Occasionally, I will get a back treatment or a tailbone treatement which involves some electrodes. It feels like a deep massage of the area.
When I leave, I usually feel better than when I came in. I feel more relaxed and less in pain, so I trust my guy and just let him decide what needs to be done for my problems.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 08 Jan 2008, 11:43

also, you might want to check if your insurance will cover the acupncture. my new insurance covers $25 per visit.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 08 Jan 2008, 20:53

definitely do it!
and simply just pay attention to your body as you go through treatment.
relax and enjoy!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby bherna1 » 08 Jan 2008, 21:32

i had this done in Hong Kong while living in China for my floor spasms related to a different issue...prostate. It worked and i have had no issues with my prostate since. It wouldnt hurt to explore this for your fissure. See if they can concentrate on spasm areas that lead up to the areas you are having issues with.
At the time i couldnt fly back into the states to see my doc for my prostate issues and no other options at the time. I knew what the problem was from a previous exam the month before in the states and showed the person in Hong Kong my exrays from my exam in the states.
Good Luck
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby bherna1 » 08 Jan 2008, 21:35

its ironic that the spasms shifted from my prostate to the rear. I would think the procedure would work out successful for pain as well as spasms in the rear.
Regards
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jan 2008, 21:55

I had horrible experience with my TCM , but I am a special case I guess. Her treatment caused flair of my Fibromyalgia that was in complete remission for more than 10 years !!!! Later I did research on the web and found out that acc. is not so benign procedure as it looks like. There were even some cases of death due to broken needles that would travel deep into body and cases when needles punctured paricard (heart membrane) or lungs. If they use electrodes, the incidence of needles braking due to strong muscle spasms increases . I am sure the most treatments go without any problems but I couldn't keep quiet since my experience was horrific . And, yes, my practitioner has 20 years of experience and is Chinese and was trained in China ... so ... Also, I would be careful taking any "ready-made" pills "made in China" since so many recalls were recently done due to different kind of poisonous substances found in everything from toothpastes to cough medicines to lead tainted toys.
Just my 2 cents- what Bernard likes to say ; )))) !!!!!!!
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion