advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Becka456 » 29 Dec 2016, 16:19

I have to stay away from any sauce too it will make me go straight away. I have to have quite dry food so it doesn't upset me I reckon il be on stool softners for the rest of my life now as I use to suffer from a mix of constipation and upset tummy. IBS and anxiety/worrying is the worse I can get stomach ache in a split second just worrying about something!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Dec 2016, 16:52

That's just like me, think I made a mistake tonight...I had a pie at work....there is never much choice and there was too much gravy/sauce in it...I have already been once and know I'm going to go again just hoping the spasms don't start....why is it so hard to find dry food, I couldn't even have potatoes as they were mashed...it was pie or nothing and I have to have my meds with food gggrrr lol.
Yep I'm like that as soon as I get upset my tummy starts making noises....I spoke to a lecturer once who said it's people who's enteric brain is super active that respond this way...well I wish my enteric brain would switch off as it's not overly useful in modern life now it just makes me run straight to the loo.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 29 Dec 2016, 16:58

Oh it's so hard to find normal dry food I hate it! Going out to eat is depressing and cooking for the rest of the family isn't any better when I can't eat that either! I hate that I worry before I eat something and straight after and I think sometimes that sets my ibs off after eating my meal and once my stomachs starts going I panic even more and it all over! Well that's interesting... wish my brain would bloody switch off for a day or two lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Dec 2016, 17:24

I know...I go out a lot but always have the same thing...a plain burger with chips or if I'm feeling brave maybe salmon and chips....it's so annoying as I used to love new and interesting food...I like snails and muscles and spicy food too.
I try not to think about what I have eaten but it's so hard not too especially when I have had to eat something I know will probably set me off....then the worry makes it worse ggggrrrr
Yes apparently it's where the expression gut feeling comes from....people whose subconscious actually communicate with their stomach through the vagus nerve....now ok this may have been useful in ages past when we needed a feeling that maybe a neighbouring tribe was going to attack us...not so bloody useful now when I feel that "so and so at work has an issue with the boss and I might end ip getting dragged in so end up spending all night on the toilet....no thank you Mr vagus nerve your time has past lol...I don't need a brain in my stomach I have enough with the one in my head :lol:
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 29 Dec 2016, 18:01

Oh spicy food I miss that so much lol I used to love a good curry and not care that I went to the loo after! I can't seem to eat burgers anymore so it's a plain chicken burger for me and I have to eat it so slow and chew it like a cow by the time I have got through half the burger I am bored and have jaw ache lol totally agree with you there dealing with one brain is bad enough, I wish there was a cure out there for IBS I like to think one day there will be
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Dec 2016, 03:36

Its interesting how we are all so different....im really not great with chicken can ocassionally eat it without an issue but not often. Beef im fine with. I can actually have a curry as long as im certain they havent used cornflower, so i just ask...not a very spicy one though lol.
I know you would think with all the amazing technology and medical advancement something would have been invented to sort it by now...like one little pill or something...oh if only
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 03 Jan 2017, 16:21

how strange im the total opposite lol would love a curry! A little pill how amazing would that be! how is your healing going? my husband seems to think my fissure has got realysmall, i have been putting sea salts on it, someone told me to give it a go god it hurts for the first 5 mins! but seems to be getting a lot smaller but i seem to be in more pain especially when going to the toilet im wondering if the botox is wearing off
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 03 Jan 2017, 16:25

They say salt is healing roll on the 10th jan for u and me xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 03 Jan 2017, 16:39

a lot of people have said that and it helps fight off infection! i did try it last year for a week it really helped heal it but then i split so hoping with this botox still in slightly might have a better chance. 1 week today for us! xx
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Jan 2017, 16:47

Hi girls,
Becka that's great Hun if it's getting smaller and healing that's wonderful. I have never tried sea salt...do you put it straight on or in a bath...can imagine it really stings but may give it a try.
I'm doing ok still burning and stinging but still no spasms so that's great.
Hopefully the Botox and the salt will see you fully healed, very soon x
Mypoorbutt